My school has a really good tech department...

CtW

How could they do such a thing? Even if it's broken, at least treat it right!

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Why .. Just why ..? Go to the tech and said you saw the stuff in the van and asked if they are dead . I would love to play with the neodymium magnets in the HDDs. But it could be a security issue if those drives fell into the wrong hands

Show them the security issue by breaking in and taking all the drives.

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

Awww i have that same mouse but mine is in almost-prestine condition, seeing hardware like that makes me a little bit sad.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Pfft its only cheap bits anyway.

I do want those drives though.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I was hoping that someone had actually found a school with a good tech department....

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

A BTX motherboard?!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

One moment of silence

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Dammit I can't see cause im on my phone

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

The tech department more than likely dont have to pay for any of it so they clearly dont care at all. 

Seeing as those drives are for school use and they look old as hell they wont be any good and low capacity.

Anyway pretty funny lol 

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

The tech department more than likely dont have to pay for any of it so they clearly dont care at all. 

Seeing as those drives are for school use and they look old as hell they wont be any good and low capacity.

Anyway pretty funny lol 

I think they are 40 GB IDE drives. I once went on one of the old ones ad found that it had a 20 GB hard drive. It was replaced at the end of that year

I think they are 40 GB IDE drives. I once went on one of the old ones ad found that it had a 20 GB hard drive. It was replaced at the end of that year

So pretty much worthless then. When i was leaving school they had just upgraded everything to SATA lol which was like 2010 ish i think. Schools are always so behind.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

What I mean by evidence is evidence that doing this is terrible for the drives and motherboard. All they need to do to refute my claims is to either confirm that the drives were dead before going in to the van or take one out of the van that works.

Edit: also the people in my school (including staff) are TERRIBLE with tech and probably could not tell what the things are.

you have never worked have you? that is absolutely completely irrelevant, it's a matter of simple work ethics, it doesn't matter if they are broken or not, it doesn't matter if the staff doesn't even know what it is, it's filthy messy and not how you handle property, this isn't kindergarten.

that being said, i don't think you should make such a big deal out of it, but it wouldn't be a matter of trust or who to believe of you decided to show this to your principal, all that matters is in that photo of yours, what anyone decides to say doesn't matter.

their all likely dead parts though 

They'd bloody better be.

If they aren't dead that's sacrilege. 

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

They'd bloody better be.

If they aren't dead that's sacrilege. 

even if they are not dead, they are so old, that they have already been replaced.

snip

That guy shouldn't be doing that, I bet his office is a mess.

I was more thinking, what if those hard drives hold anything confidential like pupils details?

they should destroy hard drives not leave them lying around

Having a security clearance, this is what i first thought

that being said, i don't think you should make such a big deal out of it, but it wouldn't be a matter of trust or who to believe of you decided to show this to your principal, all that matters is in that photo of yours, what anyone decides to say doesn't matter.

I dont think anything should come of this, but if those drives are bad, they need to be destroyed.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

That guy shouldn't be doing that, I bet his office is a mess.

Having a security clearance, this is what i first thought

I dont think anything should come of this, but if those drives are bad, they need to be destroyed.

Any and all student grade info is done with the help of Skyward which stores all of its data at its own server, far away from my school. Any files on those would be downloads, lesson documents, and random programs. All would be copied off of the drives anyway. I only made this its own topic because the images and the discussion caused is too much for the "experience with non-techies" thread. I have actually looked into the tech room in my school once and it was pretty messy. 

The better question is, what is the tech guy planning to do to the hard drives back there? O.o

I died inside after seeing it.

did you notice that the mobo has two-three capacitors that are about to blow? I'm willing to bet that it's not working.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

The better question is, what is the tech guy planning to do to the hard drives back there? O.o

The world may never know...