processor failure on new build

King_Phill

I have just built a new pc and when I turned it on for first time it came up with, Processor failure any one any ideas what I should do.

Many thanks

What are the specs of your system? That could determine what's most likely wrong.

That being said, the biggest culprit is probably the CPU power connector isn't seated all the way, and making sure it's fully connected is probably a good place to start.

6 minutes ago, King_Phill said:

its an i7 and I will try when I get home from work thank you

Quote me to get a response. I just got lucky seeing this this time.

Also which i7? What motherboard? What memory? What power supply? What GPU (if there is one)? If it's say a 9700k and a Z270 motherboard, the issue would be because they aren't compatible. If it's an 11700k and a Z490 board, the issue is that the motherboard needs a BIOS update. All of those things can affect what the issue is more than likely.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Also which i7? What motherboard? What memory? What power supply? What GPU (if there is one)? If it's say a 9700k and a Z270 motherboard, the issue would be because they aren't compatible. If it's an 11700k and a Z490 board, the issue is that the motherboard needs a BIOS update. All of those things can affect what the issue is more than likely.

I am in work now so I will check when I get home and give you all the details and Thank you for your help.

2 hours ago, King_Phill said:

I am in work now so I will check when I get home and give you all the details and Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

MSI TOMAHAWK Z490

VETROO V5 CPU COOLER

I7-10700K

MSI MPG A750GF

CORSAIR CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 2X8 DDR4 3200MHZ

GEFORCE RTX 3060

4 hours ago, King_Phill said:

MSI TOMAHAWK Z490

VETROO V5 CPU COOLER

I7-10700K

MSI MPG A750GF

CORSAIR CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 2X8 DDR4 3200MHZ

GEFORCE RTX 3060

OK, nothing there should cause it not to boot immediately. The issue is either going to be something needs a reseat (either a power connector, the CPU, or the RAM) or something is dead. Reseat everything you can first, starting with power connectors, then the RAM, and if that doesn't work do the CPU. If you get to the point where you need to reseat the CPU, check in the socket to see if there are any bent pins. If any one of those pins is bent, it can cause the system to not function.