AIO very loud, should I replace it's fans?

_Dawnte_

Hi, I currently own a MAG CORELIQUID 240R. I was gifted the AIO so I never considered replacing it however I've realized it's extremely noisy. Far louder than anything in my room. Using a tester, i got a tested output of 45-60dB up close and about 42dB from where i seat from it. I tested the noise floor of my room at around  21dB peak. It's been bothering me a lot. Should I replace it's fans? I don't understand how fans work and considering the availability of the fans i heard noctua fans are good however the fans available for this would range at about 24dB, Knowing it's two fans wouldn't that add up together as well? I'm not entirely sure what to do, any help would be appreciated 🙂 Thankyou 

2 minutes ago, _Dawnte_ said:

Hi, I currently own a MAG CORELIQUID 240R. I was gifted the AIO so I never considered replacing it however I've realized it's extremely noisy. Far louder than anything in my room. Using a tester, i got a tested output of 45-60dB up close and about 42dB from where i seat from it. I tested the noise floor of my room at around  21dB peak. It's been bothering me a lot. Should I replace it's fans? I don't understand how fans work and considering the availability of the fans i heard noctua fans are good however the fans available for this would range at about 24dB, Knowing it's two fans wouldn't that add up together as well? I'm not entirely sure what to do, any help would be appreciated 🙂 Thankyou 

I think ive seen someone else on this forum that "upgraded" from a drp4 to a core liquid 360r

I think that guy experienced some horrible temps vs the drp4 and a 360mm aio like the liquid freezer obliterates a d15 so prob some rather garbage aios or just his sample

Anyways what are your temps?

You should be able to just jse a fan control program like speedfan and make the fans spin slower

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Anyways what are your temps?

You should be able to just jse a fan control program like speedfan and make the fans spin slower

My temps are pretty decent actually very very rarely going 80C however I've been using those fan programs but never could get them go lower than 1500rpm which remains to be loud

1 minute ago, _Dawnte_ said:

My temps are pretty decent actually very very rarely going 80C however I've been using those fan programs but never could get them go lower than 1500rpm which remains to be loud

What cpu are you running anyways?

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What cpu are you running anyways?

Currently a ryzen 5 3600XT 

5 minutes ago, _Dawnte_ said:

Currently a ryzen 5 3600XT 

Pbo enabled or no?

Average temp?

Average clockspeed if you run a benchmark?

If you are wondering why im asking this, basically to just see/confirm if these aios are trash or not

HI
I have had the same issue with my Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360 RGB and thought my pump is duying but it appeared that all my 3 fans  were faulty and the noise literally caused a headache after an hour. 
If AIO's fans are garbage then mounting the radiator (and fans) on intake (front) will cause higher case and GPU temperatures.

Either get a decent air cooler or an expensive and quality AIO (a well vented case is recommended as well). Air is safer though. Many people still use their old Noctua coolers and didn't even replace any fans. If air cooler fails you only replace a fan. If pump fails (chances are low but are still there) you might need to replace CPU, MOBO, GPU. 
AIO might drop CPU temps (only a few degrees C) compared to Noctua NH D15 but is it really worth the risk? 

Case: Fractal Design Torrent;
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 8GB;
RAM: G.Skill Flare X, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL14;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D15;
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3;
PSU: be quiet! 700W PURE POWER 11CM 80+Gold;
SSD 1: SanDisk Extreme PRO 500GB PCIe x4 NVMe;
SSD 2: PLEXTOR PX-1TM9PeY 1TB SSD

The problem is the 120mm fans are spinning fast as hell and make a ton of noise in the process. This is the reason I went with the be quiet dx500 case so I can run all 140mm fans in here and it wont sound like a space ship taking off

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x