Also choosing between 3 PSUs: Focus GX, Supernova G6, or MSI AGF

Laytony

All 850W, I want something compact (140mm) with no in-cable caps (24 pin is fine), and AFAIK, that applies to both the Focus and the G6. The AGF is 160mm unfortunately... but it's apparently based on a very well-regarded platform and it's so cheap I might be able to look past that and try fitting it in my case with a little more elbow grease.

I know it's overkill for my 3700x/3060ti but I'm currently on the hunt for a 3080 and I just want something to last for as long as it can.

As someone that has used two older model Supernova PSUs, I can say they have worked very well for me. My old workhorse is a corsair 850W though. The Focus is a very good option in my personal opinion. I can't say much about the AGF though, because I am inexperienced on MSI PSUs.

42 minutes ago, Laytony said:

All 850W, I want something compact (140mm) with no in-cable caps (24 pin is fine), and AFAIK, that applies to both the Focus and the G6. The AGF is 160mm unfortunately... but it's apparently based on a very well-regarded platform and it's so cheap I might be able to look past that and try fitting it in my case with a little more elbow grease.

I know it's overkill for my 3700x/3060ti but I'm currently on the hunt for a 3080 and I just want something to last for as long as it can.

Between those three, totally the MSI A850GF.  

50 minutes ago, Laytony said:

Focus has been performing well in my limited experience.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

On 9/15/2021 at 2:36 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Between those three, totally the MSI A850GF.  

Shit um, I was about to order it but the leadex III came in with the $110 sale. Now I'm really trying to wrap my head around this because I forgot about the silent switch I so desired as well. So now I'm choosing between noise and cables without caps. Between these two top rated psus, do I just flip a coin?

12 hours ago, Laytony said:

Shit um, I was about to order it but the leadex III came in with the $110 sale. Now I'm really trying to wrap my head around this because I forgot about the silent switch I so desired as well. So now I'm choosing between noise and cables without caps. Between these two top rated psus, do I just flip a coin?

The cables of the AGF are NOT more flexible than the cables of the Leadex III. I like the Leadex III more because it has a better fan and is more silent. A lot more silent. The AGF ia always audible, even at very low loads. In semi passive mode the Leadex III is fanless upto >60% load and inaudable in silent mode.

10 hours ago, --SID-- said:

The cables of the AGF are NOT more flexible than the cables of the Leadex III. I like the Leadex III more because it has a better fan and is more silent. A lot more silent. The AGF ia always audible, even at very low loads. In semi passive mode the Leadex III is fanless upto >60% load and inaudable in silent mode.

Damn, do you prefer the leadex cables over the AGF? I won't be doing cable extensions because my psu basement is already really crowded thanks to my HDDs. Just want something easy to work with.