Can i use rgb software to control my rgb fans on a motherboard without rgb header?

Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,
12 minutes ago, YugeshYokok said:

i saw cooler master fan that comes with a controller hub but it can be only control by it remote how do i connect the rgb to my motherboard so i can control by it's softare. i never used a rgb fan before so before buying them i want to how to control then in myu mobo

Which one in particular are you talking about? Unless it's an addressable RGB controller, you can't control it by software. Here's an example of an addressable RGB controller:

https://www.razer.com/gaming-pc-accessories/razer-chroma-addressable-rgb-controller/RZ34-02140600-R3U1

The RGB controller is connected to the PC via USB, so that it can be programmed by software. The LEDs on the fans are then connected to the controller. The fans themselves need to support ARGB.

i have a A320M-s2h, i'm planing to change my fan from non rgb to rgb but my motherboard does not have rgb header. I dont want to use any controller to control my rgb lights  cuz using software is lot more easier.

The effect itself may be controlled by software, but you still need something that can send the necessary control signals to the fans, so you need an rgb controller.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The effect itself may be controlled by software, but you still need something that can send the necessary control signals to the fans, so you need an rgb controller.

i have a controller and i want to use rgb software as well, is that possible 

Just now, YugeshYokok said:

i have a controller and i want to use rgb software as well, is that possible

Yes, if the controller is an addressable one. It should typically come with its own software in that case.

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Yes, if the controller is an addressable one. It should typically come with its own software in that case.

i saw cooler master fan that comes with a controller hub but it can be only control by it remote how do i connect the rgb to my motherboard so i can control by it's softare. i never used a rgb fan before so before buying them i want to how to control then in myu mobo

12 minutes ago, YugeshYokok said:

Which one in particular are you talking about? Unless it's an addressable RGB controller, you can't control it by software. Here's an example of an addressable RGB controller:

https://www.razer.com/gaming-pc-accessories/razer-chroma-addressable-rgb-controller/RZ34-02140600-R3U1

The RGB controller is connected to the PC via USB, so that it can be programmed by software. The LEDs on the fans are then connected to the controller. The fans themselves need to support ARGB.

7 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

so the rgb controller connected to the pc via internal or external usb port, then the razer synapse 3 app will detect the rgb controller so i can program it the way i want, is it?

5 minutes ago, YugeshYokok said:

so the rgb controller connected to the pc via internal or external usb port, then the razer chroma rgb software will detect the rgb controller so i can program it the way i want, is it?

That's the basic idea of an addressable RGB controller, yes. But you do need a controller that supports this, its accompanying software as well as fans with ARGB (addressable RGB).

3 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

That's the basic idea of an addressable RGB controller, yes. But you do need a controller that supports this, its accompanying software as well as fans with ARGB (addressable RGB).

thanks for the explanation.

43 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

i saw a cooler master a-rgb controller

image.png.4577e86962d2b8150970a530439e5a5a.png

can i control it using cooler master software

6 hours ago, YugeshYokok said:

i saw a cooler master a-rgb controller

can i control it using cooler master software

I don't know that controller, so I can't say. But I'd assume so.