PS4 bricked?

Surestgarlic2

I have a PS4 slim which I want to know how to fix when Sony released the 7.51 update it would not update like many others I have initialized it and that didn't work so I went about a week just playing my disc games then my disc drive went out. the driveis still getting power though. how do I fix this? what is the problem? 

Have you looked on You Tube for any repair videos?

Often, it can be something very simple - like a wire coming loose or something. 

Not saying it is in your case, but you never know.

10 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Have you looked on You Tube for any repair videos?

Often, it can be something very simple - like a wire coming loose or something. 

Not saying it is in your case, but you never know.

have watched many videos I'm not for sure but I think the 7.52 update bricked it  but it worked at first when it wouldnt update like I said about a week later the disc drive failed I also noticed the rollers were angled I'm not sure if it was supposed to be like that 

9 hours ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

have watched many videos I'm not for sure but I think the 7.52 update bricked it  but it worked at first when it wouldnt update like I said about a week later the disc drive failed I also noticed the rollers were angled I'm not sure if it was supposed to be like that 

Can you not revert back to a prior update, so 7.51 or something?

It seems unlikely an update could brick your console.

Have you searched around to see if anyone else has reported this update as causing them issues?

It may just be a very unique coincidence. 

Short of that, I'm not sure what you can do short of reverting to an earlier firmware version.

The disc drive issue might be simpler to figure out as you can follow along with a You Tube video and see if your internal components match those in the video etc...