Corsair 7000d build

Ravendarat
4 hours ago, Lazybum said:

Wouldn't the side fans be exhaust with how they are facing? Also can  you give me a list of fittings you used for the build? 

Sorry, correct they are exhaust. For fittings I have 7 right angles, 3 20mm extensions and the 12 collars. Then I used a male to male fitting with a ball value on the bottom for a drain and I have a total of 6 plugs

On 10/25/2021 at 10:28 AM, Ravendarat said:

Sorry, correct they are exhaust. For fittings I have 7 right angles, 3 20mm extensions and the 12 collars. Then I used a male to male fitting with a ball value on the bottom for a drain and I have a total of 6 plugs

Did you go with other brand fittings as well as corsair ones? Don't see any 20mm extensions or plugs on Amazon or corsairs site.

Seems each pump comes with 3 stop plugs so there is the 6 stop plugs. Dont seem like you can order spares.

Edited by Lazybum

1 hour ago, Lazybum said:

Did you go with other brand fittings as well as corsair ones? Don't see any 20mm extensions or plugs on Amazon or corsairs site.

Seems each pump comes with 3 stop plugs so there is the 6 stop plugs. Dont seem like you can order spares.

I used all Bykski fittings, I ordered all corsair pumps and cpu block and rads, but they didnt make the gpu block, EK won there, and for fittings I ordered all my fittings for like $100 off aliexpress, where as if I did all corsair it would have been SUBSTANTIALLY more, and the bykski fittings use the solid silicone linings instead of o-rings, not sure what corsair uses but I find the silicone to be far better. I would order extra plugs if I was you because the included ones are a bit cheap feeling, I didnt have any fail but I found some felt lose fitting so I replaced as many as I could with bykski ones and am gonna order a few more as I miscounted, I have 8 total in my system

Yea I have an evga 3090 ftw3 ultra and corsair site says they don't have a compatible gpu block so was looking at ek for that as well. Have almost everything ordered except the 420mm rad and fittings/tubing. Since my first water cooling build prob going to go with soft tubes.

18 minutes ago, Lazybum said:

Yea I have an evga 3090 ftw3 ultra and corsair site says they don't have a compatible gpu block so was looking at ek for that as well. Have almost everything ordered except the 420mm rad and fittings/tubing. Since my first water cooling build prob going to go with soft tubes.

If you go hardline I strongly recommend primochill PETG tubing, its SUPER easy to work with. I bought a bunch of corsairs tubing but didnt realize it was acrylic. I tried doing an entire build with it and was super unhappy with the way it bent so I ordered more Primo and redid it all and it turned out so much better. Honestly hardline isnt hard as long as you have patients and buy some extra. Ive done 4 hardline set ups now and in the first one I did I only messed up one bend, the second I messed up 2 because I had a tough bend in there and on my current one I messed up a few more but I have 2 that have 2 that have 2 bends in them and 1 that has 3 so those get a little tricky, overall though Im a cosmetic guy so having hardline over soft was an easy choice because it looks way better to me 

Going soft tubing for the first round, prob going to also do 2 separate loops. I ordered majority of my fittings from corsair but like you said was a bit costly and prob should of went same route you did with aliexpress. Did order the extenders and plugs from ali. Now the fun part of boxes showing up every day with parts lol. Will post a pic once I get it all put together.

Forgot to realize aliexpress is mostly out of China, sitting here with 90% of parts and things from aliexpress says dec 5th estimated delivery, lol. May just have to order replacement parts from Amazon to get this started next week instead of next month lol. Gutted case last night taking out all the hard drive cages and non rgb fans. More I look at it thinking your idea of the plexiglass back plate for more mounting room is a good idea. How did you mount it? Double sided tape?

2 hours ago, Lazybum said:

Forgot to realize aliexpress is mostly out of China, sitting here with 90% of parts and things from aliexpress says dec 5th estimated delivery, lol. May just have to order replacement parts from Amazon to get this started next week instead of next month lol. Gutted case last night taking out all the hard drive cages and non rgb fans. More I look at it thinking your idea of the plexiglass back plate for more mounting room is a good idea. How did you mount it? Double sided tape?

Nope I used bolts and used preexisting threaded mounting holes from where there were factory things mounted, just make sure that you get bolts that are JUST long enough to catch so that you dont touch the back of the mobo

i dont thing that's how 2 pumps works... its not going to incress the flow rate? and wont work for redundancy

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

17 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont thing that's how 2 pumps works... its not going to incress the flow rate? and wont work for redundancy

As the long as the pump doesnt seize it will work for redundancy regardless of which pump goes. It would restrict the flow but it would still flow and keep the system running till you get a replacement pump. And generally when the pumps fail they dont seize, the motors just die

3 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

As the long as the pump doesnt seize it will work for redundancy regardless of which pump goes. It would restrict the flow but it would still flow and keep the system running till you get a replacement pump. And generally when the pumps fail they dont seize, the motors just die

to each there own i guess...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

to each there own i guess...

Realistically it was done far more astehetics above everything else, I wanted to fill out the the case, but I truly appreciate the input

1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

Realistically it was done far more astehetics above everything else, I wanted to fill out the the case, but I truly appreciate the input

ya witch is fine seem like a wast thow but i guess if your happy then all that maters imo 2 loops would be more useful

Heya, im curious about this build. What are the temps?? since i manage to snag a good deal on a 7000D airflow. So i was thinking of making a watercooling build.

Do you have a right angle hookup for your 24pin hookup for the motherboard?  Have a link for ordering it? Please tell me it isnt off aliexpress, lol. Dont think im going to get that back plate on with the way the cable dont want to bend, was thinking of getting a right angle hookup or looping it over the plate and then back behind it again.  Been alot of fun trying to put together my build, figuring things out that you did you make stuff fit when it prob shouldnt have as well lol.