Corsair 7000d build

Ravendarat

Ok I’m not good at taking pictures as I go because I usually just put my head down and work but I’m gonna try to update at the end of each night I’m done as this is gonna take me a bit. 

I have built 2 full custom loops in the past but this one is the most complicated both from the number of components and the wiring involved because I’m using all Corsair and as we all know it gets nasty. When the 7000d was released I instantly knew it was my next case as I move on from my Define R6. 

I chose to use a 420mm rad in the front and a 360 at the top to make sure I didn’t run into clearance issues, and in an effort to fill out the case I am doing push pull at the top and doing dual res/pump combos up front. 

138BBBE7-462B-4083-955C-A40092F18D02.thumb.jpeg.861f705bd44cbb29f726ab62fc187b21.jpeg

There is all the gear loaded in the case. I had to use an EK block for my gpu as a TUF 6800 was the best card I could get a couple months ago and went with it, unfortunately Corsair has no support for it. For a cpu I have a 5800x and I’m still using a 4 stick 3200 MHz 32gb vengeance kit as I bought it about 3 years ago and just can’t justify replacing it. I decided to do a traditional gpu mount as opposed to vertical as I have in my previous builds incase I decide to add a capture card for my switch at some point. Now for the scary picture …….

6A7B7097-A056-4893-B7F5-D07866B3A3E7.thumb.jpeg.c2681cd2ec5fd00aca64510c3aee6b7e.jpeg

This is just the wiring pulled through. I made a backplate out of black plexi to go behind the mobo tray to give me a place to mount all my fan/rgb boxes. I have 3 commander pros plus a couple rgb breakout boxes for the fans plus a node pro for rgb strips and a usb2.0 breakout box, not sure I’ll need that one yet but I’d rather have it just in case. This is where I left off last night, when o get home tonight my plan is to try to get all of this under control, but I already know it’s gonna be a ton of work as it is probably gonna involve some cutting and extending wires to get the lengths I need to get the cable management looking the way I find to be acceptable. I don’t want to be ashamed to show off the back side of this rig when it’s done and that will be no easy task I think. 

ooof, really interested to see the final cable management.. that looks like a monster to tame

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

15 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

6A7B7097-A056-4893-B7F5-D07866B3A3E7.thumb.jpeg.c2681cd2ec5fd00aca64510c3aee6b7e.jpeg

Well this is gonna be a pain in the ass, but i guess if you are patient enough you can organise the cables

Btw why a full corsair build tho?

From what ive seen if you go with 1 manufacturer then rgb is easier to control since you dont need multiple softwares for it, but often times esp with brands like corsair the build just becomes needlessly expensive when cheaper (even better) alternatives exist

Considering that youve gone watercooling ill just assume you like heavy ocing or silence, though what kind of tubing will you use for your watercooling?

Can i ask what hub is this?

IMG_20210911_053244.jpg.d0f7cf03e88e2accfc559293b220808c.jpg

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

8 minutes ago, Freakwise said:

Honestly I have no idea, some random Amazon purchase I bought for my last build, works well though

Just now, Ravendarat said:

Honestly I have no idea, some random Amazon purchase I bought for my last build, works well though

9 minutes ago, Freakwise said:

Looks like it may be a internal to external USB hub/splitter if I had to guess?

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

15 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Well this is gonna be a pain in the ass, but i guess if you are patient enough you can organise the cables

Btw why a full corsair build tho?

From what ive seen if you go with 1 manufacturer then rgb is easier to control since you dont need multiple softwares for it, but often times esp with brands like corsair the build just becomes needlessly expensive when cheaper (even better) alternatives exist

Considering that youve gone watercooling ill just assume you like heavy ocing or silence, though what kind of tubing will you use for your watercooling?

I’m using primo chill tubing as I used corsairs acrylic for my last build and hated bending it, the primo stuff is significantly nicer to use. As for all the Corsair stuff, I have no reason besides being an unapologetic fan boy lol. In reality I’m trying to keep the rgb software to a minimum, I’m comfortable with Corsair stuff and I already had some of it so I just kept going. Yes there is cheaper but this ended up being the way I went

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Looks like it may be a internal to external USB hub/splitter if I had to guess?

It has one external plug but mostly it just breaks one usb2.0 header out to 4

Can't wait to see the finished product...those wires look nasty. Good luck and keep us updated!

49 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I’m using primo chill tubing as I used corsairs acrylic for my last build and hated bending it, the primo stuff is significantly nicer to use. As for all the Corsair stuff, I have no reason besides being an unapologetic fan boy lol. In reality I’m trying to keep the rgb software to a minimum, I’m comfortable with Corsair stuff and I already had some of it so I just kept going. Yes there is cheaper but this ended up being the way I went

Well if you had stuff like the ram and fans laying around i guess its makes sense

From what ive seen from one of linus vids (i think the one he did recently w a 5000$ custom pc challenge vs another ytuber or something) icue takes up a crap ton of cpu, is this true or no? Cause i thought rgb software isnt that intensive

41 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Well if you had stuff like the ram and fans laying around i guess its makes sense

From what ive seen from one of linus vids (i think the one he did recently w a 5000$ custom pc challenge vs another ytuber or something) icue takes up a crap ton of cpu, is this true or no? Cause i thought rgb software isnt that intensive

ICue is definitely a cruel bitch and uses up some real cpu power. But if I’m being completely honest, my computer is used for very light tasks. I could honestly get by with a 1660 ti and a ryzen 3600 for the majority of time. This is my hobby though, I love building the machines and I enjoy having stuff that can perform even if I’m not pushing it. So the system resources that iCue uses isn’t of great concern to me. 

4 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

4 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

ICue is definitely a cruel bitch and uses up some real cpu power. But if I’m being completely honest, my computer is used for very light tasks. I could honestly get by with a 1660 ti and a ryzen 3600 for the majority of time. This is my hobby though, I love building the machines and I enjoy having stuff that can perform even if I’m not pushing it. So the system resources that iCue uses isn’t of great concern to me. 

I don't have any issues with iCue myself. Commander Pro, 4 LED strips, GPU block, Water pump, 3 120mm LL Fans, 3 140mm LL Fans. 

image.thumb.png.c9d46cec55c68452adfb8c18a93b1fe4.png

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I don't have any issues with iCue myself. Commander Pro, 4 LED strips, GPU block, Water pump, 3 120mm LL Fans, 3 140mm LL Fans. 

image.thumb.png.c9d46cec55c68452adfb8c18a93b1fe4.png

It’s really odd, sometimes people show me their usage and it’s sky high. Then other times people show me results like yours. Very weird for it to be so different considering it’s the same software. I got mine all wired and plumbed tonight so I’ll do a leak test over night then tomorrow after work I get to actually boot the thing back up and see if everything is working, fingers crossed

This is where I left off last night, assembled and leak testing. Obviously rgb is all over the map because I don’t have the mobo plugged in or anything set up, and I still have two rgb strips to get in above the psu to shine up through a defuser panel I made to go over top of the psu shroud, overall though I have zero leaks and the only two bends I had to do more than once were the inlet and outlet of the cpu block, they were being a bit of a pain but overall it only took about an hour to plumb.

35FEE934-4B99-458C-9032-FA1222EAD83C.jpeg

Finished product!! Just have some cable management under the desk to do. Psu shroud didn’t turn out the way I imagined so I might have to revisit that later but for now I’m good. 

21CE80D2-1593-4DD2-9947-6609BCAC0DE8.jpeg

0473CF94-7F4D-4D49-8044-ECE2F5F6DB63.jpeg

A9F0F20A-CCFC-448F-BEB9-1111998B3428.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

This is where I left off last night, assembled and leak testing. Obviously rgb is all over the map because I don’t have the mobo plugged in or anything set up, and I still have two rgb strips to get in above the psu to shine up through a defuser panel I made to go over top of the psu shroud, overall though I have zero leaks and the only two bends I had to do more than once were the inlet and outlet of the cpu block, they were being a bit of a pain but overall it only took about an hour to plumb.

35FEE934-4B99-458C-9032-FA1222EAD83C.jpeg

i love it! that psu and case not lining up is nerve raking tho

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

12 minutes ago, adarw said:

i love it! that psu and case not lining up is nerve raking tho

Ya, sitting at my desk I cant tell because its at an angle but the only way to really fix it is to get a 1200 watt corsair supply lol. And while I am fine wasting money to a point Im not spending $400 bucks to fix that particular problem lol

Just now, Ravendarat said:

Ya, sitting at my desk I cant tell because its at an angle but the only way to really fix it is to get a 1200 watt corsair supply lol. And while I am fine wasting money to a point Im not spending $400 bucks to fix that particular problem lol

lol, maybe get some white paper and cover the whole psu window?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

• 1 month later...

What 140mm fans did you use? Really think this build looks great and was what I was imagining in my head, jealous you stole my idea lol. Far as I can tell corsair never made a white light loop fan and since the outside is not lighting up makes me think they are sp fans?

2 hours ago, Lazybum said:

What 140mm fans did you use? Really think this build looks great and was what I was imagining in my head, jealous you stole my idea lol. Far as I can tell corsair never made a white light loop fan and since the outside is not lighting up makes me think they are sp fans?

Yes every fan is sp, the 140mm came with the case then I bought 10 120mm sp fans for the push pull rad and 4 for the back side intake. 

Would 2 loops have cooler Temps vs 1, since there is 2 pumps and 2 radiators? Prob going to do a similar build since I have alot of corsair fans and commander pros and such already. But I was thinking 2 separate loops vs combing them

11 hours ago, Lazybum said:

Would 2 loops have cooler Temps vs 1, since there is 2 pumps and 2 radiators? Prob going to do a similar build since I have alot of corsair fans and commander pros and such already. But I was thinking 2 separate loops vs combing them

It depends on the components you are running. But in reality I think dual loop is really generally dont so that you can a) run two different types of coolants and b) when you wanna swap a gpu or cpu you are only draining half the loop. I did mine in series for two reasons, 1 was for redundancy so that if one dies I still have the other, and 2 it was a cosmetic choice to fill out the case

Yea main reason I thought about separate loops was for 2 diff color fluids. I usually have my light loop fans as white with it raining 2 diff colors for the holiday that is coming up.

The gray on the white case bothers me, so prob going to go for the black case and use white pumps, cpu block and white cords and get everything else in black. Unsure about fittings and if I should go soft or hard tube since this will be my first water cooled build. But with black fans I can get light loop fans in the right sizes, just need to figure out what's needed to operate them all lol.

On 10/20/2021 at 11:06 AM, Ravendarat said:

Yes every fan is sp, the 140mm came with the case then I bought 10 120mm sp fans for the push pull rad and 4 for the back side intake. 

Wouldn't the side fans be exhaust with how they are facing? Also can  you give me a list of fittings you used for the build?