n50-610 case swap idea

gianop

I have an Acer Nitro n50-610 and the temps are bad since there is only 1 exhaust fan and you can't add any more fans since how the case is built. I'm wondering if I could fit the motherboard in the Corsair Spec Delta RGB or if it doesn't please can you recommend another good case specifically around the same price range.

7 hours ago, gianop said:

I have an Acer Nitro n50-610 and the temps are bad since there is only 1 exhaust fan and you can't add any more fans since how the case is built. I'm wondering if I could fit the motherboard in the Corsair Spec Delta RGB or if it doesn't please can you recommend another good case specifically around the same price range.

im gonna say no

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

13 hours ago, gianop said:

The specs didn't say anything about the mother board, so I can only guess that it's a proprietary form factor. In which case, it will probably be next to impossible to fit into any kind of stock enclosure without modification. 

Can you take a picture of the motherboard? 

Or could you measure the dimensions of the board and also take note of where the standoffs are located? 

i didnt take a picture but i found this on a website

IMG_6891.jpg

4 hours ago, gianop said:

i didnt take a picture but i found this on a website

IMG_6891.jpg

there more then just mounting it will it mount to standard atx i dont no. but you still need the pin out for power switch at lest and probably have to use the same psu witch may or may not mount atx. if you cant mount it in an atx case then you going to have to make your own mount and use a pcie extension and an gpu mount as it wont line up to the pci slots. so its doable but not worth it. it probably better to mod the case its in first i would think.

if its going to cost like $200 i would just sell it and buy something els imo

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

there more then just mounting it will it mount to standard atx i dont no. but you still need the pin out for power switch at lest and probably have to use the same psu witch may or may not mount atx. if you cant mount it in an atx case then you going to have to make your own mount and use a pcie extension and an gpu mount as it wont line up to the pci slots. so its doable but not worth it. it probably better to mod the case its in first i would think.

if its going to cost like $200 i would just sell it and buy something els imo

I agree, that motherboard is radically different than an ATX or MATX form factor. Rather than modifying a new case. Try to modify your current case. 

could posably take the gpu, cpu, ram out and get a new case, psu and mb.

mods i would do would be to cut he back fan grill out thow its honey comb grill witch is not bad but every bit help.

posably add a fan on top back maybe.

remove the 1 pci slot cover

add a fan or 2 on the side panel thow might not be much room to do so? (if your ok mounting the fan on the outside of the panel that should work) hard to tell and add a fan on the side for the cpu.

posably add a fan in front cant see the font inside thow so just guessing

looks lie the front is sold so could add some font fans and will have to cut on the front panel not necessarily in the front but on the bottom and right side were you probably wont see it. hard to really tell thow

almost looks like the psu is being chocked... i would flit it around if you can... if you do mods ied cut the pus mesh out. (looks like you cant flit it unless you drill holes)...why....

Acer-Nitro-50-preview-06-scaled.jpg

Acer-Nitro-50-preview-04-scaled.jpg

Acer Nitro N50 GTX 1660 Super

Acer-Nitro-50-preview-01-scaled.jpg

Acer-Nitro-50-preview-07-scaled.jpg

Acer-Nitro-50-preview-08-scaled.jpg

Acer-Nitro-50-preview-12-scaled.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

IDK if the heatsink mountning holes are standard?  If they are, drop on a better cooler, as the included one seems to be craaap.

get a 120 or 140mm case fan + a long 3 pin (or 4, or molex, whatever) extension and bolt a fan on the side panel with a long cord to reach inside the case to plug in.  Position it over the CPU.  

If there's clearance over the GPU, it can't hurt to put a second one there.

19 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

could posably take the gpu, cpu, ram out and get a new case, psu and mb.

yeah im thinking about that but the nvme that has windows on it, will it boot straight away in windows or would i have to change a phew settings. also wouldnt my motherboard break or something since the bios is from the prebuilt's mobo

Your windows installation might have a problem, but other than that, everything should work no problem. 

2 hours ago, gianop said:

yeah im thinking about that but the nvme that has windows on it, will it boot straight away in windows or would i have to change a phew settings. also wouldnt my motherboard break or something since the bios is from the prebuilt's mobo

before doing that, I'd try my suggestion of adding a fan or two to the side panel.  It'd be way cheaper, and might just fix your temp / other issues.  (And even if not, the fans could be used in a new build, too.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 10:27 PM, tkitch said:

before doing that, I'd try my suggestion of adding a fan or two to the side panel.  It'd be way cheaper, and might just fix your temp / other issues.  (And even if not, the fans could be used in a new build, too.)

its not just my temp its also loud