Looking for a gpu upgrade.

GODLYNUTT

I'm looking for a you upgrade to my recent PC build. 

Specs 

Ryzen 3 3300x

Rx 570 4gb

Cx500 

The rest don't really matter 

I'm looking for a gpu upgrade, yeah I know in this market gpu are insanely overpriced. 

But I'm either gonna buy a gtx 1070, 1070 ti, or 1080 and maybe a rtx card if I can get one under 500$. My budget is basically 500 with tax and shit not included. So which one is the best choice. 

i would upgrade the cpu tbh. wait how much ram do you have?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

16gb 3200 of ram also the cpu does not need a upgrade it was tested to be able to handle a rtx 2070 super without bottlenecking it as shown in gamer nexus video of him benchmarking this cpu.

7 minutes ago, adarw said:

I agree with adarw. Upgrading your GPU shouldn't be as much of a priority compared to your CPU if you are still playing on 1080P low/med, because 1080P games are usually more GPU bound.

CPU : Intel i5-12600K

Motherboard : ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS WIFI D4

RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200MHz CL16 (2x8GB)

AIO : Corsair H100i 240MM

GPU : Asus TUF RTX3070

Case : ThermalTake Core P3

Keyboard : D60 HHKB with Jwick Ultimate Black switches, G81-3000SAV PBT keycaps

Mouse : Logitech G Pro Wireless

Audio : Edifier R1280DBs | Sennheiser HD598

Just now, matt4realz said:

I agree with adarw. Upgrading your GPU shouldn't be as much of a priority compared to your CPU if you are still playing on 1080P low/med, because 1080P games are usually more GPU bound.

like i said cpu wont bottleneck gpu until it gets to the rtx 2070 super. the ryzen 3 3300x is in the same ball park as the ryzen 5 3600. i know this aint the best website to judge bottle necks but if u use https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Ryzen_3_3300X/GeForce_RTX_2070_SUPER/0XW14o8A/16/100 it shows that the gpu is the bottleneck even on 1080p. 

14 minutes ago, GODLYNUTT said:

like i said cpu wont bottleneck gpu until it gets to the rtx 2070 super. the ryzen 3 3300x is in the same ball park as the ryzen 5 3600. i know this aint the best website to judge bottle necks but if u use https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Ryzen_3_3300X/GeForce_RTX_2070_SUPER/0XW14o8A/16/100 it shows that the gpu is the bottleneck even on 1080p. 

I get that mate, but like I said, since 1080p games are mostly CPU bound, getting a new graphics card wont affect your performance as much as you think it will, compared to getting a higher core/thread count CPU. Its not about the bottleneck at all.

2 minutes ago, matt4realz said:

I get that mate, but like I said, since 1080p games are mostly CPU bound, getting a new graphics card wont affect your performance as much as you think it will, compared to getting a higher core/thread count CPU. Its not about the bottleneck at all.

my gpu the rx 570 is a pretty big bottleneck right now for my cpu almost 11% of a bottleneck which is a ptryy big gap so im looking for a gpu that can handle most games at 1080p with high or ultra setting because i can always upgrade my cpu if i need because its a AM4 build so i can get a ryzen 5000 when prices are more reasonable. the only thing i need right now is a better gpu to not bottleneck my cpu in games by almost 11%. 

Of your playing at 1080p 60 fps your RX 570 is still fine, if you want to play at 1440p 60 fps a gtx 1070 or better would be great if you want to play at 1080p high refresh rate you need to upgrade your gpu and cpu.

Just now, Pc6777 said:

Of your playing at 1080p 60 fps your RX 570 is still fine, if you want to play at 1440p 60 fps a gtx 1070 or better would be great if you want to play at 1080p high refresh rate you need to upgrade your gpu and cpu.

i have a 144hz moniter so im looking for at least 100 fps in games so my cpu wont be bottlenecked. i already get a 1080p 60fps experience but why not upgrade when i have the money. its not like gpu prices will get better any time soon.

1 minute ago, GODLYNUTT said:

i have a 144hz moniter so im looking for at least 100 fps in games so my cpu wont be bottlenecked. i already get a 1080p 60fps experience but why not upgrade when i have the money. its not like gpu prices will get better any time soon.

Your cpu will hit 100 fps for some games, other it won't, it depends on the game, if you really want more fps and a better feature set an rtx 2060 would do the trick if you want dlss and rtx, or an amd 6600 xt with amd fsr, but if you just want rae rasterazation performance a gtx 1070 or 1660 would be a decent upgrade, or a 5600 xt.

5 minutes ago, GODLYNUTT said:

But the biggest reason to upgrade would be to increase quality settings in games, the RX 570 is a beast at 1080p medium/high and can do 100+ fps at medium/low quality settings, but if you want to max out games like read dead 2 a gpu upgrade would help at 1080p, 

41 minutes ago, GODLYNUTT said:

That website is nothing but BS. Also don’t upgrade your GPU rn, as prices are insane and nothing is available.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

15 minutes ago, Downkey said:

That website is nothing but BS. Also don’t upgrade your GPU rn, as prices are insane and nothing is available.

do you not understand anything i said ? my gpu is bottlenecking my cpu, i need a upgrade if i want more fps, i dont care if its overpriced i have a budget of 500$, prices wont drop any time soon any maybe even go up by next year. im willing to pay higher prices for gpu's im just asking which out of these ones should i get. the gtx 1070, 1070 ti, or 1080 because there all under 500$.

2 hours ago, GODLYNUTT said:

do you not understand anything i said ? my gpu is bottlenecking my cpu, i need a upgrade if i want more fps, i dont care if its overpriced i have a budget of 500$, prices wont drop any time soon any maybe even go up by next year. im willing to pay higher prices for gpu's im just asking which out of these ones should i get. the gtx 1070, 1070 ti, or 1080 because there all under 500$.

If you care about new features and future proofing Get the 2060/3060 or and RX 6600 xt, supports newer features and is more "future proof". I don't care for rtx but it seems a lot of people do so if you care about that get a newer gpu. The 3060 on ebay is probably a lot more than 500, so your only option is to find a new one at msrp, idk how much the 6600 xt is going for but get that over the 2060 for the same price, it's better, and the 2060 goes for 5-600ish on ebay, and is a little faster than the 1070 and supports rtx and dlss, but if you don't care about rtx/dlss(I don't care much for it atm). Like I said the RX 5600 xt/gtx 1070 and gtx 1660 are good options, and your cpu isn't a "bottleneck" maybe for some games it is, but for other games you may have a cpu bottleneck, you will always have some sort of bottleneck you can't really escape it. Some games hammer your gpu more than your cpu and some the opposite, for 1080p your setup is great but if you want to turn graphics settings up or slightly high fps and you have the money there's no harm in upgrading, but if you want 144 Hz I would also upgrade the cpu.

i dont know the us market situation, but for 500€ (around 600$) inlcuding tax you can get up to a 2080 on ebay in the eu.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

36 minutes ago, Pc6777 said:

If you care about new features and future proofing Get the 2060/3060 or and RX 6600 xt, supports newer features and is more "future proof". I don't care for rtx but it seems a lot of people do so if you care about that get a newer gpu. The 3060 on ebay is probably a lot more than 500, so your only option is to find a new one at msrp, idk how much the 6600 xt is going for but get that over the 2060 for the same price, it's better, and the 2060 goes for 600ish on ebay, and is a little faster than the 1070 and supports rtx and dlss, but if you don't care about rtx/dlss(I don't care much for it atm). Like I said the RX 5600 xt/gtx 1070 and gtx 1660 are good options, and your cpu isn't a "bottleneck" maybe for some games it is, but for other games you may have a cpu bottleneck, you will always have some sort of bottleneck you can't really escape it. Some games hammer your gpu more than your cpu and some the opposite, for 1080p your setup is great but if you want to turn graphics settings up or slightly high fps and you have the money there's no harm in upgrading, but if you want 144 Hz I would also upgrade the cpu.

most games are gpu heave and in that situation even a 4/5th gen  i5 would get bottle necked by my rx 570 so its a must to upgrade my gpu also i wont even be spending much because gtx 1070 are about 350 and rx 570 are selling for about 225 on ebay. so i would really only pay about 125$ for a big jump in performance.

11 minutes ago, GODLYNUTT said:

most games are gpu heave and in that situation even a 4/5th gen  i5 would get bottle necked by my rx 570 so its a must to upgrade my gpu also i wont even be spending much because gtx 1070 are about 350 and rx 570 are selling for about 225 on ebay. so i would really only pay about 125$ for a big jump in performance.

The RX 570 isn't a weak/bad card, and in a lot of games an old i5 would bottleneck an RX 570 at 1080p. Unless your setting everything to ultra  a good quad core and an RX 570 are a perfect match at 1080p for medium/high settings and ultra in any games thats not "new", but if you want to max everything out at 1080p the 1070 will definitely do that, but if your going for frames you should really do a heavy oc on your cpu or get a Ryzen 5, beacause after you spend a bunch of money on a new gpu and arn't getting 144 Hz you will relize you need to do a cpu upgrade beacause now your "cpu bottlenecked". If you want more frames upgrade both, and if you want to okay at ultra settings 1080p 144 Hz you will need something better than a 1070, it's more of a medium settings 1080p card for 144 hz, maybe a high settings 100 Hz card.

5 hours ago, Pc6777 said:

The RX 570 isn't a weak/bad card, and in a lot of games an old i5 would bottleneck an RX 570 at 1080p. Unless your setting everything to ultra  a good quad core and an RX 570 are a perfect match at 1080p for medium/high settings and ultra in any games thats not "new", but if you want to max everything out at 1080p the 1070 will definitely do that, but if your going for frames you should really do a heavy oc on your cpu or get a Ryzen 5, beacause after you spend a bunch of money on a new gpu and arn't getting 144 Hz you will relize you need to do a cpu upgrade beacause now your "cpu bottlenecked". If you want more frames upgrade both, and if you want to okay at ultra settings 1080p 144 Hz you will need something better than a 1070, it's more of a medium settings 1080p card for 144 hz, maybe a high settings 100 Hz card.

could you point out some games where the ryzern 3 3300x will bottlenmeck a gtx 1070. because there are video's showing how the ryzen 3 3300x is as powerful as the i7 7700k in performance. example gamer nexus video about i3 10100 vs ryzen 3 3300x vs i7 7700k vs ryzen 3 3100. and it shows the ryzen 3 3300x is going blow for blow with the i7 7700k.

3 hours ago, GODLYNUTT said:

could you point out some games where the ryzern 3 3300x will bottlenmeck a gtx 1070. because there are video's showing how the ryzen 3 3300x is as powerful as the i7 7700k in performance. example gamer nexus video about i3 10100 vs ryzen 3 3300x vs i7 7700k vs ryzen 3 3100. and it shows the ryzen 3 3300x is going blow for blow with the i7 7700k.

It's not a weak cpu and it's great for 60 fps, and can run some games at 100+ fps but other it cannot, like ac Odyssey will get like 60 fps with that cpu in populated areas, not 100 plus, cpu intense games need more cores for 100 plus fps, I still use a 6700k beacause I don't care about high fps, but if you do you want something with more thread's/cores. Battlefield 5 is also cpu intensive in multiplayer and will probably not hit 100 fps or more with good stability with a quad core, quad cores are still great for gaming but not high fps gaming.

1 hour ago, Pc6777 said:

It's not a weak cpu and it's great for 60 fps, and can run some games at 100+ fps but other it cannot, like ac Odyssey will get like 60 fps with that cpu in populated areas, not 100 plus, cpu intense games need more cores for 100 plus fps, I still use a 6700k beacause I don't care about high fps, but if you do you want something with more thread's/cores. Battlefield 5 is also cpu intensive in multiplayer and will probably not hit 100 fps or more with good stability with a quad core, quad cores are still great for gaming but not high fps gaming.

good that you have facts behind your words. im not saying i wont get a cpu upgrade what i was saying is i have the money for a gpu upgrade which i need more than a cpu upgrade right now and the only games that i play that is cpu intensive is Minecraft. i don't play battlefield or ac odyssey ( i might get ac soon tho because it looks sick.) but what i really need is a gpu upgrade for Minecraft because the shaders be hitting the gpu hard af,

Just now, GODLYNUTT said:

good that you have facts behind your words. im not saying i wont get a cpu upgrade what i was saying is i have the money for a gpu upgrade which i need more than a cpu upgrade right now and the only games that i play that is cpu intensive is Minecraft. i don't play battlefield or ac odyssey ( i might get ac soon tho because it looks sick.) but what i really need is a gpu upgrade for Minecraft because the shaders be hitting the gpu hard af,

also i just bought the gtx 1070 for 350 off ebay (shit its expensive but its only about 150$ when offset by me selling my rx 570.) also one of my biggest reasons for a gpu upgrade is a bit of future proofing because no way is my 4gb rx 570 gonna have enough vram to handle upcoming games. so the 8gb on the gtx 1070 is gonna be a big help.

Why ask for help then be super confrontational when people try to talk about it?

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Why ask for help then be super confrontational when people try to talk about it?

Well what I asked was what gpu should I get out of the 3 I mentioned by almost no one answered and instead talked about how I should upgrade the CPU when I don't need to for the gpu's I asked about.

On 9/6/2021 at 3:50 AM, Gohardgrandpa said:

I mean, if he's adamant on throwing his money on purchasing a GPU now and just bottle-necking himself, when its still just 1080p high refresh then, just let him be.

5 hours ago, matt4realz said:

I mean, if he's adamant on throwing his money on purchasing a GPU now and just bottle-necking himself, when its still just 1080p high refresh then, just let him be.

you do realize gpu prices are only going up from here and in 2022 its gonna be even more absurd, also i got 500$ left to upgrade cpu and other parts and if i sell the cpu it would be closer to 650$ left over to upgrade other parts. theres no reason for me to not get a gpu upgrade when prices arnt gonna drop for many months or even over a year.