Upgrading my current pc for triple A games

Liveclock

Hey!
I'm currently looking for help which parts I should upgrade next. I bought this complete pc several years ago and I'm upgrading it from time to time.
The new components are:
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GAMING OC Video Card (The gpu barely fits in my case)
Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case
be quiet! Straight Power 11 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I'm having a big heat problem sometimes, for example the cpu can get up to around 90-100°C, what should I get to have a better cooling system?
I'm trying to upgrade every old component, and it would be a great help if you could recommend me compatible components with an improvement in regards of FPS/l oading speed/ stability-> no stuttering/freezing ingame.

Budget (including currency):  up to 1000 euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly Games (Esport games) -> games shoud be able to run 144fps on a 144hz monitor smoothly. Playing sometimes cpu intensive games like anno1800 or civ6

Other details
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MJXHXb

Thanks for the help!

20 minutes ago, Liveclock said:

Hey!
I'm currently looking for help which parts I should upgrade next. I bought this complete pc several years ago and I'm upgrading it from time to time.
The new components are:
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GAMING OC Video Card (The gpu barely fits in my case)
be quiet! Straight Power 11 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I'm having a big heat problem sometimes, for example the cpu can get up to around 90-100°C, what should I get to have a better cooling system?
I'm trying to upgrade every old component, and it would be a great help if you could recommend me compatible components with an improvement in regards of FPS/l oading speed/ stability-> no stuttering/freezing ingame.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly Games (Esport games) -> games shoud be able to run 144fps on a 144hz monitor smoothly. Playing sometimes cpu intensive games like anno1800 or civ6

Other details

Thanks for the help!

A 7700k shouldn’t be that hard to keep cool. Something like a hyper 212 evo would suffice if it’s not overclocked. I run a 6700k @4.6ghz on a hyper 212 with no issues at all.

Id wait to change anything else. The 3080 will be a huge boost, and in a year or so a CPU upgrade would be a good idea. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

7 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

A 7700k shouldn’t be that hard to keep cool. Something like a hyper 212 evo would suffice if it’s not overclocked. I run a 6700k @4.6ghz on a hyper 212 with no issues at all.

Id wait to change anything else. The 3080 will be a huge boost, and in a year or so a CPU upgrade would be a good idea. 

Agreed, you already have a pretty decent tower CPU cooler, it should not run that hot probably, unless you OC'd it really high? The cooler he has should be roughly equivalent to a Hyper 212 Evo already. Are you sure it is installed properly and the fan is running? You could try to reapply thermal paste and reinstall it, see if that helps.

Better cooling you would have to go to like a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, Or a Noctua DH-15, those are some of the best Air coolers on the market. You could also get an AIO watercooler, but a cheap watercooler would perform worse than the Dark Rock Pro 4 or the DH-15, you'd have to get a high-end one.

What RAM are you currently running? It must already be DDR4. I would not spend money on upgrading that. Intel CPU's are not that dependent on fast RAM like AMD CPU's are. You will maybe see only a 5% CPU performance difference, not worth the cost. Better to save your money for a CPU upgrade in the future.

3080 will give you a good performance increase, depending on your current GPU?

PSU and case are good.

Good luck!

8 hours ago, Liveclock said:

Hey!
The new components are:

Other details

Thanks for the help!

Full specs of your current build?

Are you overclocking?

1 hour ago, maartendc said:

Agreed, you already have a pretty decent tower CPU cooler, it should not run that hot probably, unless you OC'd it really high? The cooler he has should be roughly equivalent to a Hyper 212 Evo already. Are you sure it is installed properly and the fan is running? You could try to reapply thermal paste and reinstall it, see if that helps.

Better cooling you would have to go to like a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, Or a Noctua DH-15, those are some of the best Air coolers on the market. You could also get an AIO watercooler, but a cheap watercooler would perform worse than the Dark Rock Pro 4 or the DH-15, you'd have to get a high-end one.

What RAM are you currently running? It must already be DDR4. I would not spend money on upgrading that. Intel CPU's are not that dependent on fast RAM like AMD CPU's are. You will maybe see only a 5% CPU performance difference, not worth the cost. Better to save your money for a CPU upgrade in the future.

3080 will give you a good performance increase, depending on your current GPU?

PSU and case are good.

Good luck!

Hey,
it's currently overclocked to 4.7 Ghz, maybe I should stop overclocking it.
I'm using the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory right now.
I'm thinking about getting more air fans for the pc, since it only got the build-in-fans. Is that a good idea?

That's my actual list with each component: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MJXHXb

If I remember correctly, That case comes with only 2 fan right? If yes, That'll heating issue most likely. The CPU cooler itself looks decent. Have you tried changing thermal paste?

Also if you already own 3080 and other parts in that list, And have 1000USD to upgrade, Getting new Motherboard and CPU, New SSD drive and few fans would be what you want. First get those parts in list bellow

(For fans, If you already have 2 Non RGB fan, Get 3 Non RGB, Or if u want RGB, Buy those RGB ones, If case don't have RGB fans, U can even replace those if U buy 6x of them, Depends on what u want.)

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/6Dx6Cz

So now, When I think about it, If you recently got 3080, That means now you have much more heat output in your system then you could had before, So your fans was enough to handle what heat previous GPU was outputing, But can't handle 3080 now.

7 hours ago, Liveclock said:

Hey,
it's currently overclocked to 4.7 Ghz, maybe I should stop overclocking it.
I'm using the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory right now.
I'm thinking about getting more air fans for the pc, since it only got the build-in-fans. Is that a good idea?

That's my actual list with each component: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MJXHXb

Are you running the lowest possible voltage that is stable? Every chip is different, some do better than others at moving heat out of the die to the IHS, some just naturally run cooler, etc.

But if you have done your due diligence and your running at the minimum stable voltage and temps are still to high, you can either back it down to say 4.6 and see how much voltage and heat you can drop, you can try turning the fan speed up on the heatsink in BIOS, try better thermal paste, or get a different cooler. I would also make sure it’s mounted correctly, what are your idle temps? High idle temps usually indicate a bad mount. You sure you pulled the plastic off the bottom of the heatsink before you put it on? 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air