how rare is it for the cpu to be DOA

95%?

I know they are professionally packed so the pins dont break

i know if the edges of the cpu is slightly bended it will still work

It happens to be really dry here, so static is a problem where I live. Usually 20% of the components that ship here are DOA. Or around 12% of them are CPU's

Almost never for modern intel, some AMD chips have bent pins

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

its more likely that the motherboard will be a DOA then anything 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Almost never for modern intel, some AMD chips have bent pins

Modern amd cpus don't use pins..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Practically never DOA.

Literally every component is more likely to be DOA. The chip needs to be tested in a compatible working system.

^ Pretty much. I've built at least 40 some odd rigs when working in IT support. Never dealt with a DOA CPU. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I believe they still do ;)

fx-pins.jpg

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

you sure about that *looks at all the fx series* *looks at all the a8- a10 apus* YOU REALLLYYYY SURE

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

It happens to be really dry here, so static is a problem where I live. Usually 20% of the components that ship here are DOA. Or around 12% of them are CPU's

Do you really live in a desert :o 

I don't understand...

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

a10-1b.jpgDo you know about a AMD Cpu we don't? >_> You can always tell us C:

Lol, they do.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Well, if by "modern" you mean most expensive then woodenmarker would be correct....

19-103-927-02.jpg

"No signature"

fx-pins.jpg

you sure about that *looks at all the fx series* *looks at all the a8- a10 apus* YOU REALLLYYYY SURE

I don't understand...

a10-1b.jpg
Do you know about a AMD Cpu we don't? >_> You can always tell us C:

Lol, they do.

Well, if by "modern" you mean most expensive then woodenmarker would be correct....

19-103-927-02.jpg

My bad..I need sleep. I mixed up Intel and AMD.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

My bad..I need sleep. I mixed up Intel and AMD.

Its ok we still love you <3

Extremely rare. I've bought close to 50 cpus now over the years configuring systems for others, and myself, and I've never had a Cpu that was doa.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Happened to me once. Fairly recently (December) got a DoA AMD Athlon X4 740. No bent pins. No static when unpacking/ installing. Just dead. Inert. Kaput.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I suspect their DOA rate is below 0.01%. CPUs are really well packaged, tested extremely thoroughly before release so its pretty much only packaging disasters and based on the packaging they come in its extremely difficult to break them.

Almost never. and its getting better and better. Had a few people break a new CPU, but that's about it. Motherboards and PSU are the big sinners in that regard.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.