Get Rid of Windows 10 Log In Pin. Please How too?

Omikse

I just did a recent wipe and fresh install of Windows 10. During the finalization of it, it prompted me to add a pin for ease of login but would not give me the option to by-pass it. I did so and no every time it asks me to put in the pin after the computer goes to sleep. It is annoying and I want to get rid of it. I did google it and tried a few methods but so far none have worked or it keep prompting me to make another pin and will not proceed until I do. How do I stop it. I don't mind putting in my password after I shut it down but I do not want to have to put in a pin every time I walk away from my computer and it goes to sleep. And by the way, this is a home comp so no work worries here.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options is where you'll find most of the settings you need.

Here you can tweak the different sign in options such as Pin, Password, etc. (and add/remove them as you will). Plus, you can also change the "Require sign-in" setting to add/remove the feature that you have to login once again after the PC went to sleep.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Have you tried this:

Spoiler

89941464_Screenshot2021-08-29202006.thumb.png.83df37e559358d1a57636e5f3f6c9b1f.png

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Turn off this option in Settings?
image.png.bb3c4e68a7c24ba1d6d772672c70e4f4.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

thank you @xAcid9and @RockSolid1106. I probably overlook that and missed completely. I will let you know next time my comp goes top sleep.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

• 4 weeks later...

Well no matter what I do, I still have to enter the pin when I restart the computer, so none of this has worked.

Try Autologon v3.10. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autologon