Good graphing calculators?

What are some good graphing calculators out there?

Requirements:

Under 150 USD

Permitted on ACT, SAT, PSAT, and AP Exams

Color Screen

Easy to use

I really like the Casio Classpad II, but it's not allowed on ACT

no one made a app for that yet?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

TI-83 & TI-84 are proven classics. After 10 years (I got it in middle school, finishing college now), it's still going strong. 

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

I use a TI-84 Silver Edition. You may want to look into that. 

COMIC SANS

@Rorgash - there are apps for it but you aren't allowed to use a phone in an exam. 

I see people recommending some older TI-8X calculators - those are tried and true but don't (at least the ones back when I was in HS/College) don't offer Algebraic solving, something the TI-86 (and above) offered which was a huge life saver for me early on. I'd definitely recommend getting a graphic calculator that has built-in algebraic solving functions (just input the equation and it solves for "x").

I have a Ti-84, but you may want to look into something more current.

Can't go wrong with the tried and true! ;D

Honestly for ACT, SAT, PSAT, and AP Exams. You really don't need a calculator. I didn't use a calculator for the SAT when I got my highest score on the math section. 

Find a calculator that will be used as a tool instead of a crutch. You'll be better off. Unless you plan doing some engineering work in your free time, a basic calculator will work perfectly fine in HS.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Like some people have said, Texas Instruments make great calculators. I use the TI-83 and it does what it is supposed to do (calculate). Texas Instruments also makes backlit ones but i have never used them.

hmm

graphics calculators for a hundred plus dollars are the biggest racket/rip off.  Tech has stayed essentially the same for like 2 decades, and gotten a thousand times cheaper, and yet they still charge over a hundred dollars for that crap.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

@Rorgash - there are apps for it but you aren't allowed to use a phone in an exam. 

I see people recommending some older TI-8X calculators - those are tried and true but don't (at least the ones back when I was in HS/College) don't offer Algebraic solving, something the TI-86 (and above) offered which was a huge life saver for me early on. I'd definitely recommend getting a graphic calculator that has built-in algebraic solving functions (just input the equation and it solves for "x").

You can solve algebraic equations by graphing the two equations, and using the intersect button.

Also, the 86 and up are banned on the ACT.

TI-Nspire color. The nspire series is by far the easiest to use series I have ever come across, and the screens are decent for a calculator as well.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

You can solve algebraic equations by graphing the two equations, and using the intersect button.

Also, the 86 and up are banned on the ACT.

Must be a newer rule, I used my ti-86 on the ACT without any issues - that or the proctors just never noticed.

EDIT: Well it doesn't explicitly call it out on the ACT website but it does mention "built-in algebraic solving" which the 86 has as my post suggested - that and I don't believe TI makes the 86 anymore anyways. Based on these new restrictions and the requirements to be able to use it on these standardized tests then an early TI-8X model will be the only good recommendation.

The price of graphing calcs doesn't really drop.  Your best bet would probably be off of Craigslist or Ebay.  If this is for class, you might just want to use the same model the teacher/professor uses.  Most people don't even read the instructions when they buy a different model, so it slows them down.

no one made a app for that yet?

im sure there is.. but its not approved to be used at exams 

I am in 8th grade geometry and use my TI-NSpire CX-CAS all the time!

I smashed my way through high school and my electrical engineering degree with a TI-89 from Texas Instruments. 

I don't mean to brag but you can side load mario on to the calculator :D