Temperature question. Probably not what you’re expecting.

HesCalledTheStig

First, let me start by saying that if this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I didn’t see an area that really fit this question. 

My family is moving and we have rented a shipping container to store/move our belongings in. I have several computers that I’d like to store in the container for the time being. Here’s the issue. Our temperatures have been in the 90’s (F) lately. In the container, probably 120/130 easily.  Will temperatures like this effect any of the components of the stored computers?  Will it corrupt any SSD’s or HDD’s?  I’m paranoid about expensive parts being ruined or important data being lost. 

Thanks in advance for any input you all can give me!

Basically all major components of a modern PC get hotter than that during normal operation. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

Basically all major components of a modern PC get hotter than that during normal operation. 

I figured that but I wanted to make sure. Got a lot of money tied up in some of them. 

6 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Humidity would be more of a concern, I think.

Crap. I never considered the humidity. Maybe I’ll have to make other arrangements. 

1 hour ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Crap. I never considered the humidity. Maybe I’ll have to make other arrangements. 

Humidity is certainly a good question, however, I'd be more concerned about mechanical shock to stuff like HDD, GPUs, or large air coolers hanging off the CPU (if applicable). At the very least I'd keep the mechanical hard drives with you. SSDs should be okay as they are much more robust.

Best would be to just keep the computers in you personal vehicle if possible, that way you know exactly what happens to them.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

shipping pc components, you pull every major bulky hardware out of your case, CPU-Cooler, if air and not IO, Graphic-card. HDDs, SSDs are going to be fine. and pack them separately. plastic around the hardware. There is a video from Linus talking about transporting pc hardware. 

should be fine.

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

44 minutes ago, SamClan said:

shipping pc components, you pull every major bulky hardware out of your case, CPU-Cooler, if air and not IO, Graphic-card. HDDs, SSDs are going to be fine. and pack them separately. plastic around the hardware. There is a video from Linus talking about transporting pc hardware. 

should be fine.

I actually decided to pull the graphics cards and hard drives. There are air coolers on the motherboards (both 212 Evo’s) but they are attached securely. The computers are packed in the boxes that each of their cases came in with all the original packing. I put them on their sides in the shopping container to prevent and shaking and gravity from breaking the coolers free. The container is only moving about 2 miles away and the way they move them, I’m really not worried about anything being banged around. I’m just concerned about the heat and humidity. As it stands, each only had the PSU, mobo, ram and coolers in them. 

Did I mention that I hate moving?

3 hours ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

probably 120/130 easily

I am assuming your still meaning Fahrenheit. Computer parts commonly run much hotter than that during operation. The worst I can think of is plastic warping due to the heat or parts being shaken around due to the shipping container. I wont rule out that there is always a chance of something happening. I would focus more on parts shaking around in a container more than the temperature if its 90F. 

3 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

I am assuming your still meaning Fahrenheit. Computer parts commonly run much hotter than that during operation. The worst I can think of is plastic warping due to the heat or parts being shaken around due to the shipping container. I wont rule out that there is always a chance of something happening. I would focus more on parts shaking around in a container more than the temperature if its 90F. 

Not worried about anything shaking loose. They are packed well. But now I’m worried about plastic warping lol. I think I’ll be cautious and keep them in the house until the day of the move. Makes me nervous that I already packed up and put my collection of gaming consoles in the container along with all the game disks and cartridges.  Hopefully the weather will cool down in the next week and I won’t be so paranoid.