what is the best headset with a 2.4Ghz dongle?

kfinch

title says it all, I guess I'll post it here in audio to make the mods happy.... 

I'm a sucker for the Logitech G930s. Sadly they are long since discontinued. I just recently replaced my loving pair with the Logitech G935s. I hate the button layout on the new ones as I preferred it on the side of can rather than the rear. Having it on the side, like on the G930s, makes it easier to distinguish the buttons, let alone press them. The volume rocker on the G935s is way too finicky. If you want to adjust the volume with it, you'll be playing with it until it finally stops where you want. It has a tendency to scroll back and fourth after you let go of it. RGB on a wireless anything is like asking for a to-go bag in a drive thru. But the worst thing about the G935s is the software. GHUB is buggy as all hell and currently isn't working for a lot of users (myself included).

That said, I mostly just use mine for being able to walk around the house and stay connected, which they do very very well. I live in a trailer park, all our homes are crammed together. The 2.4GHz spectrum is littered with everyone's wireless APs. Despite this, I have never once had a connection problem, or drop outs. I can walk to the back of our trailer (75 feet) with four walls in between with no issue. In fact, our microwave is in the same room as my PC, and even when it's running, still no issues at all. My G930s would drop out until the microwave was finished.

The mic on the G930s was amazingly good. Great low end response and decent noise rejection. Sadly, the mic in the G935s sounds like a potato. But I don't have friends so I don't have to worry about it ;_;

But when it comes down to it, audio quality is amazing on both headsets. The drivers in the G935s are larger than those in the G930. With some EQing both headsets sound amazing across the spectrum. Oh and, the battery on the G935s is easily replaceable via a magnetic door on right can. A magnetic door on the left can stores the dongle.

I ultimately will stick with the Logitech G935s as my daily drivers due to the connection strength and audio quality. I tried the Corsair Virtuoso but I could not for the life of me EQ them to sound even somewhat decent. 

Hope this helps.