Computer Wizard needed

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

One or several of your memory sticks are faulty. 

Turn off your PC, remove all ram sticks,  plug one stick in the slot further away from the CPU socket, then run memtest again.  

If you keep getting errors, it's either that stick that's faulty, or the memory slot. So turn off your PC, remove stick , insert it into another slot. Repeat memtest.

If the stick reports errors in all memory slots, then it's definitely the ram stick that's faulty.

Now, move on to next memory stick and repeat the whole process with all four memory sticks.

You won't need to wait each time for a complete pass. A faulty ram stick will start to throw errors within 5-10 minutes, as at most you'll be spending around 30 minutes on each ram stick. 

Also, keep in mind your sticks are configured at 2666Mhz , timings 16-18-18-35  ... check and make sure the voltage is also configured correctly.  If the memory sticks require 1.35v to operate but you're running them at 1.2v, they may give errors. 

Hello, I need some help, I’m not really a huge tech guy, been playing a game called Black Desert Online, but game kept crashing and the support gave me this tool to locate the error. I don’t know how to read it or fix it though, reason I’m asking here.

I also had some corrupted system files when I ran sfc /scannow which I had removed and replaced successfully after running another command. Next day the error was back.

I’ve had malware on the PC after joining a discord server promising free nitro, maybe this have done something to the pc? I factory reset same day as I got warning from windows defender.

I have also updated my BIOS through Asus tune wizard (I believe it’s called something like that)

I’m looking for repair tips (hopefully without replacing parts) 

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pumim said:

but game kept crashing

probably should start there and ask in what way does the game crash?

although i dont think ive ever seen memtest fail before so the ram probably has some form of error.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

probably should start there and ask in what way does the game crash?

although i dont think ive ever seen memtest fail before so the ram probably has some form of error.

The game just shut down, no warning, no error msg. 
also I have 4x 8gb ram 

Test stopped at 10k errors 

Turn off your PC, remove all ram sticks,  plug one stick in the slot further away from the CPU socket, then run memtest again.  

If you keep getting errors, it's either that stick that's faulty, or the memory slot. So turn off your PC, remove stick , insert it into another slot. Repeat memtest.

If the stick reports errors in all memory slots, then it's definitely the ram stick that's faulty.

Now, move on to next memory stick and repeat the whole process with all four memory sticks.

You won't need to wait each time for a complete pass. A faulty ram stick will start to throw errors within 5-10 minutes, as at most you'll be spending around 30 minutes on each ram stick. 

Also, keep in mind your sticks are configured at 2666Mhz , timings 16-18-18-35  ... check and make sure the voltage is also configured correctly.  If the memory sticks require 1.35v to operate but you're running them at 1.2v, they may give errors. 

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Thank you very much.