ROG LC 240 RGB vs ROG LC 240 ARGB

G_GenieBoy
Go to solution Solved by G_GenieBoy,
8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

your mb has 2rgb headers and 2 argb headers so i dont think that's the problem

ok thanks, that should help.

hi i am looking for a cpu cooler and i am stuck on the fact that pcpart picker says that the rog strix lc argb doesnt fit with my CM MB530P Case and x570 aorus elite mobo with a 5800x, does that mean i should go with the rog strix lc rgb that pc part picker says does fit? im confused and cant figure it out cuz the legit difference in the name is an "A", but then the qualities  of it are different, thanks for any help

32 minutes ago, G_GenieBoy said:

hi i am looking for a cpu cooler and i am stuck on the fact that pcpart picker says that the lc argb doesnt fit with my CM MB530P Case and x570 aorus elite mobo with a 5800x.

Might be a motherboard rgb compatibility thing.  Implies pcpartpicker is attempting to untangle rgb compatibility. Impressive.  I wish them luck if this is the case.  So far as I can tell the various manufacturers have attempted to intentionally obfuscate that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Might be a motherboard rgb compatibility thing.  Implies pcpartpicker is attempting to untangle rgb compatibility. Impressive.  I wish them luck if this is the case.  So far as I can tell the various manufacturers have attempted to intentionally obfuscate that.

pcpart picker says that the rog strix lc argb doesnt fit with my CM MB530P Case and x570 aorus elite mobo with a 5800x,  though as an other option they accept the rog strix lc rgb? im confused and cant figure it out cuz the legit difference in the name is an "A", but then the qualities of it are different, thanks for any help

3 minutes ago, G_GenieBoy said:

pcpart picker says that the rog strix lc argb doesnt fit with my CM MB530P Case and x570 aorus elite mobo with a 5800x,  though as an other option they accept the rog strix lc rgb? im confused and cant figure it out cuz the legit difference in the name is an "A", but then the qualities of it are different, thanks for any help

My personal solution is to avoid rgb entirely as there is too much of different companies refusing to let their stuff talk to that of other companies because they want the victim consumer to choose other products they make which it will work with.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My personal solution is to avoid rgb entirely as there is too much of different companies refusing to let their stuff talk to that of other companies because they want the victim consumer to choose other products they make which it will work with.

but then since these are my prime options, no objection or offence to your statement that i have understood and am thinking through, would the lc 240 "argb" work in theory

3 minutes ago, G_GenieBoy said:

but then since these are my prime options, no objection or offence to your statement that i have understood and am thinking through, would the lc 240 "argb" work in theory

No idea.  Pcpartspicker seems to tend toward the conservative in its warning systems which means false negatives outweigh false positives

1 hour ago, G_GenieBoy said:

hi i am looking for a cpu cooler and i am stuck on the fact that pcpart picker says that the lc argb doesnt fit with my CM MB530P Case and x570 aorus elite mobo with a 5800x.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

ok thanks, that should help.