Can a bank deny a payment processor?

avg123

Lets say someone creates a payment processor like Mastercard. And he allows it to be used on onlyfans. Can a bank say we dont want to work with the payment processor because it allows onlyfans transactions?

Yup

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

My bank banned PayPal for a while, so yea, it's possible to ban a payment processor.

Likely, is another story, however, since banks would be turning down income from fees and what-not.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Banks can ban entire merchant categories (gambling, liquor stores, tabaco stores being the main ones) so they can absolutely ban a payment processor.

But there would need to be a good reason for it. They wouldn't just ban a payment platform because it's used on something like OF.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

It's unlikely your payment processor would get banned by banks just for that reason, but it's also unlikely your payment processor would survive anyway since the whole issue the existing ones have with such sites is the amount of undesirable activity that comes with the content type e.g. scams leading to chargebacks, the payment processor has to take the blunt in many cases and it hurts their bottom line.

Banks will start having trouble with it if you don't and the chargebacks start to affect them instead of you.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

It's unlikely your payment processor would get banned by banks just for that reason, but it's also unlikely your payment processor would survive anyway since the whole issue the existing ones have with such sites is the amount of undesirable activity that comes with the content type e.g. scams leading to chargebacks, the payment processor has to take the blunt in many cases and it hurts their bottom line.

Banks will start having trouble with it if you don't and the chargebacks start to affect them instead of you.

follow up question: can a payment processor just not support cashbacks? Once paid no refund type of deal? Is there any law that mandates cashbacks?

Don't know about the laws, but it's pretty certain nobody would want to use that.

If you pay $200 for something, get scammed / don't get what was advertised and have no way to get a refund then you're not going to continue using the service...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Don't know about the laws, but it's pretty certain nobody would want to use that.

If you pay $200 for something, get scammed / don't get what was advertised and have no way to get a refund then you're not going to continue using the service...

what if onlyfans had its own payment wallet? you load up the wallet with say $1000 dollars and then use that fund to pay for models. that would clear mastercard or any payment processor of any responsibility right?

Probably, but having to prepay would turn a bunch of people away.

F@H

GPD Win 2

The bank wouldn't even answer the phone with you to engage in having to enact a ban.

58 minutes ago, avg123 said:

what if onlyfans had its own payment wallet? you load up the wallet with say $1000 dollars and then use that fund to pay for models. that would clear mastercard or any payment processor of any responsibility right?

And how would you get money into the wallet in the first place?

Also i don't know how many people would feel comfortable with such a site "holding" their money until they decide to use it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

And how would you get money into the wallet in the first place?

Also i don't know how many people would feel comfortable with such a site "holding" their money until they decide to use it.

but it would eliminate cashbacks to the the credit card. any refunds would just go to the wallet. amazon pay wallet is pretty successful. i would feel more comfortable with a limited fund wallet rather than recurring charges to a credit card.

-> Moved to Off Topic

This isn't about tech, even when results might effect tech-side.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv