Quality MESH, money no object?

arnrna
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
11 minutes ago, arnrna said:

Sadly, no wires, even if we upgrade to fibre, it'll only come to downstairs and one location 馃槙

Running wires would be my money is no object option. Thats what Id do here.聽

But with mesh, they will preform the about the same. If you don't need any other the other features, id just get the cheaper of the two and return it if it doesn't work. Its really to know how it would work here without a real world test.

I'm looking for a reliable mesh system for a two storey building with a stone ceiling. It should be fast and reliable enough for PvP gaming upstairs.聽I have a cable modem downstairs at the moment, but possibly upgrading to fiber in the near future, so a bit of future proofing for the system is a plus.聽I'm looking at Linksys MX10 (AX5300 x3)聽and Netgear Orbi RBK853. Every review seems to find one or the other significantly less reliable than the other, many stating connection breaks and speed drops, etc and no two reviews seem to agree on anything... Good reviews seem almost nonexistent, really.聽Any recommendations for one of these or something else?

14 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you hve ethernet wires in the house? Thats gonna make it work much better, and id get wired APs like the unifi system.

Sadly, no wires, even if we upgrade to fibre, it'll only come to downstairs and one location 馃槙

11 minutes ago, arnrna said:

Running wires would be my money is no object option. Thats what Id do here.聽

But with mesh, they will preform the about the same. If you don't need any other the other features, id just get the cheaper of the two and return it if it doesn't work. Its really to know how it would work here without a real world test.

as said before, figuring out how to run a wire will be best but if聽wireless is the only option, here is my best shot.

https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-UAP-AC-M-US-Wide-Area-Dual-Band/dp/B076B4ZVF2/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B076B4ZVF2&psc=1

I have installed these in some cold storage facilities and they perform quite well, much better than any consumer product.聽

on caveat is tat you need to install the unifi controller on a pc to set them up or if you dont mind spending a little more then get the unifi cloud key.

here is a great video on the performance of these devices, i believe the same channel has tons of videos on setting up unifi access points as well.