Gigabyte b550 UD AC specs?

I recently bought a PC from a friend with this motherboard and try as I might I can't find a single spec sheet or any real info on this board. All I can find from cursory Google searches is that this board is used in a lot of prebuilt pcs. Does anyone have any information on it. Does it have PCIe 4? Can I upgrade the CPU past a Ryzen 5 5600x? Any weird quirks that I need to work around. Really any info on this board would be appreciated.

Because UD AC boards are Intel.

You want B550 Auros Pro AC maybe?

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Because UD AC boards are Intel.

You want B550 Auros Pro AC maybe?

Not according to my system information, the model number is literally b550 UD AC and I'm running a ryzen 5 5600x, its honestly got me so befuddled right now.

5 minutes ago, efonte said:

Not according to my system information, the model number is literally b550 UD AC and I'm running a ryzen 5 5600x, its honestly got me so befuddled right now.

Ok and where is this model number? Printed on the board? Gotta picture?

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Ok and where is this model number? Printed on the board? Gotta picture?

Just this terrible manual that has nothing more than this on the front and my system information

manual.jfif

1 hour ago, efonte said:

Just this terrible manual that has nothing more than this on the front and my system information

manual.jfif 81.56 kB · 4 downloads

Ok, that doesn't do anything for me.

A picture of the motherboard would though. Especially where the model number is located....

On 8/16/2021 at 6:50 PM, efonte said:

I recently bought a PC from a friend with this motherboard and try as I might I can't find a single spec sheet or any real info on this board. All I can find from cursory Google searches is that this board is used in a lot of prebuilt pcs. Does anyone have any information on it. Does it have PCIe 4? Can I upgrade the CPU past a Ryzen 5 5600x? Any weird quirks that I need to work around. Really any info on this board would be appreciated.

I bought a pc with same thing it is driving me crazy I can't find anything about it, it is a gigabyte b550 ud ac and I'm running same cpu 5600x. I wonder if they mass produce different models with no flash like RGB to bring the price down for big companies?

6 hours ago, Kilrya said:

I bought a pc with same thing it is driving me crazy I can't find anything about it, it is a gigabyte b550 ud ac and I'm running same cpu 5600x. I wonder if they mass produce different models with no flash like RGB to bring the price down for big companies?

Ok... can you simply take a picture of the board.

Narrowed it down, Gigabyte made 5 UD boards but do not use UD in the product description. 

I believe the board model is a B550 DS3H AC.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-DS3H-AC-rev-1x

Can you confirm?

I spoke to Gigabyte about the board and according to the one random rep I spoke with this B550 UD AC is their catch all term for OEM boards made specifically for prebuild manufacturers. According to the rep I spoke with you have to get the specs for your specific board from whoever originally built the PC the board is/was in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 5:33 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

Ok... can you simply take a picture of the board.

Narrowed it down, Gigabyte made 5 UD boards but do not use UD in the product description. 

I believe the board model is a B550 DS3H AC.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-DS3H-AC-rev-1x

Can you confirm?

It is different, I have gone through all the models in their site and non are like what I have. I have to agree this is a oem, it is a prebuild from nzxt, however I'm not sure if this motherboard is ok to use, I mean it is running 5600x with 3070ti, but I'm not quite sure if it can cause a bottle neck? I will take a picture and post it tomorrow 

57 minutes ago, Kilrya said:

It is different, I have gone through all the models in their site and non are like what I have. I have to agree this is a oem, it is a prebuild from nzxt, however I'm not sure if this motherboard is ok to use, I mean it is running 5600x with 3070ti, but I'm not quite sure if it can cause a bottle neck? I will take a picture and post it tomorrow 

Didn't realize it was from an OEM. My mistake.

I don't think there will be much bottle neck. The cpu and gpu should work properly either way. 

• 1 month later...

I am also having the same problem. the motherboard someone referred to earlier is very similar in build, but there are a few things missing as well as aesthetic difference. e.x motherboard does not have q flash button. ive been trying to figure it out for days without taking my computer aprt, cause i wouldnt know where to begin. ive been having ultra slow download speeds and it is not due to internet. 

Scan from 2021-10-02 06_33_20 PM.jpg

Scan from 2021-10-02 06_33_54 PM.jpg

Scan from 2021-10-02 06_34_46 PM.jpg

• 2 months later...

Those photos may as well be mine too.  My board is identical.  Based on some sleuthing here I went to Cyberpower PC's website and under "Drivers and Support" I found it listed under "CyberpowerPC brand Motherboards", then choose Gigabyte in this list. (Don't choose Gigabyte from the first list otherwise it will send you to Gigabyte's website.)  There are a few BIOS listed but only one for B550 UD AC.  I still was not able to update the BIOS, however this time it actually was able to read the BIOS.  All previous attempts from BIOS' downloaded directly from Gigabyte throw an incorrect part number error. 

OK, so I've determined that the correct BIOS must be MB-478-120 B550UDACY1.zip for the Cyberpower PC's.  However I am not able to get it to install.  I do not know why it will not install.  It attempts to install the BIOS but only says "Writing....Erasing....Writing....Erasing..." while the progress bar keeps reseting and repeating for a moment then fails.  

Thank you ShrimpBrime.  I tried the one you posted as well and it ended the same.  It reads the file and starts the W/E cycle again but ultimately fails.  I will have to reach out to Cyberpower on Monday. 

1 hour ago, Verdulo said:

Thank you ShrimpBrime.  I tried the one you posted as well and it ended the same.  It reads the file and starts the W/E cycle again but ultimately fails.  I will have to reach out to Cyberpower on Monday. 

Yes, looks accurate. 

• CyberPowerPC (contact CyberPowerPC tech support for guided instructions)

Which we may be able to avoid.  

You can Try AFUWin in windows instead.

Rename the bios file to .rom if you DL'ed from cyber power when using the AMI Flash Utility.

AFUWin.zip

Ok guys I got it.  I posted my findings on Reddit.  Here's a copy / paste.

WOOHOO! After fuxing with this all day I figured it out. If you have the CYBERPOWER PC Sam's Club offering you need to go to Cyberpower's website and go to "Support" > "Drivers & Software" > select "Cyberpower PC Brand" from the manufacturer's list > then "Cyberpower PC Motherboards" > "BIOS" > "Gigabyte" > "MB-478-120 B550UDACY1.zip"

Extract that to a USB stick. Hold down "SHIFT" + click "RESTART". Restart the PC to UEFI settings menu. Use Q-Flash to update the BIOS. The Gigabyte "@BIOS" tool does not work for prebuilt machines.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:26 PM, Verdulo said:

Ok guys I got it.  I posted my findings on Reddit.  Here's a copy / paste.

WOOHOO! After fuxing with this all day I figured it out. If you have the CYBERPOWER PC Sam's Club offering you need to go to Cyberpower's website and go to "Support" > "Drivers & Software" > select "Cyberpower PC Brand" from the manufacturer's list > then "Cyberpower PC Motherboards" > "BIOS" > "Gigabyte" > "MB-478-120 B550UDACY1.zip"

Extract that to a USB stick. Hold down "SHIFT" + click "RESTART". Restart the PC to UEFI settings menu. Use Q-Flash to update the BIOS. The Gigabyte "@BIOS" tool does not work for prebuilt machines.

This 100% worked for me thank you for the instructions only thing is Q-Flash will be the "DEL" button after that is just to pick your file press enter and just wait make sure that after Bios update and PC restart REMOVE THE USB STICK or PC will be in a restart loop until you remove it 

I have a prebuilt from NZXT that has the same motherboard. Can I use the BIOS update from Cyberpower? Also I wanted to know the number of M.2 expansion slots since its not exactly clear. I did reach out to NZXT but their ticket tracking system seems unresponsive. I might call them up sometime, but any information will help a lot. Thank you! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2021 at 12:50 AM, stickmaster03 said:

This 100% worked for me thank you for the instructions only thing is Q-Flash will be the "DEL" button after that is just to pick your file press enter and just wait make sure that after Bios update and PC restart REMOVE THE USB STICK or PC will be in a restart loop until you remove it 

That's nice. I want to ask you a question about this procedure to avoid bricking the motherboard. 

First you plug in the usb that is formatted fat32 with the bios unzipped in it to a spare usb port directly to the motherboard (does any usb port work? Because my bios usb port for some reason isn't working)

second is to start up the computer and immediately press the "DEL" key to enter bios

third is go to bios update section, select the file in the usb, and update.

fourth is after the flashing complete and it restarts, do I unplug the USB? or will unplugging the USB during restarting brick the board? I am a little confused by the last part and I just want to make sure I do this right like you.

Thank you. Your response will be greatly appreciated. have a great day/night. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Following this thread.  Just bought a prebuilt machine with the same motherboard.  Thanks for all of the input guys!

Also... can I upgrade my RAM to a higher voltage... I want to remove two 1.2 V 8 GB DDR4 and install two1.35 V 16 GB sticks.  Thanks!

24 minutes ago, eliteangler said:

Also... can I upgrade my RAM to a higher voltage... I want to remove two 1.2 V 8 GB DDR4 and install two1.35 V 16 GB sticks.  Thanks!

What is the RAM you want to upgrade to? Higher voltage by itself has no benefit. 1.2v is the standard voltage for DDR4 and 1.35v tends to be the voltage for RAM that's been overclocked like through an XMP profile.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

• 2 months later...

So this B550 board is kinda odd. Its only offered in CyberPower Pre Builds and Sams Club Specific at that.  

The Bios are GIGABYTE B550 UD AC ATX SOCKET AM4 WIFI 

This is a AMD mobo not sure why people are saying its intel...

Im running this exact mobo on the back up machine with a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G clocked @ 4.20

its a basic corner cut method done by prebuilds. example like the 1 stick of ram method.

with that being said.. its not a bad board but by no means the best. 

check in the bios that the xmp is enabled and when adding ram just make sure the frequency is the same.

Team T-Force Delta RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model TF3D432G3200HC16FDC01

will also work on this mobo. these are the exact sticks im using but only white on my b550. with the xmp enabled in bios.. hope that helps

I have the disk that came with the mobo..ive been using it as a cup holder. I can dump the content onto here if still needed.

20220521_211335.jpg

20220521_222307.jpg