Gigabyte b550 UD AC specs?

.PS if yours  came with that cpu cooler in the picture... do yourself a favor and replace that E-Waste

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to use a Gen4 NVME drive in the m2a PCIE at Gen4 speeds? Or does anyone have the specific manual for the CYBERPOWERPC prebuilt from Sam's Club? I need to find out if the OEM B550 UD AC supports Gen4.

• 2 months later...
On 8/16/2021 at 10:49 PM, efonte said:

Just this terrible manual that has nothing more than this on the front and my system information

manual.jfif 81.56 kB · 42 downloads

CyberPower sent me similar. That is all the info below the drawing of the board was not even present. LOL

On 10/2/2021 at 7:36 PM, CONO said:

I am also having the same problem. the motherboard someone referred to earlier is very similar in build, but there are a few things missing as well as aesthetic difference. e.x motherboard does not have q flash button. ive been trying to figure it out for days without taking my computer aprt, cause i wouldnt know where to begin. ive been having ultra slow download speeds and it is not due to internet. 

Scan from 2021-10-02 06_33_20 PM.jpg

Scan from 2021-10-02 06_33_54 PM.jpg

Scan from 2021-10-02 06_34_46 PM.jpg

Q Flash seems to be on back near USB c jack

On 5/21/2022 at 10:10 PM, Warp3d said:

So this B550 board is kinda odd. Its only offered in CyberPower Pre Builds and Sams Club Specific at that.  

The Bios are GIGABYTE B550 UD AC ATX SOCKET AM4 WIFI 

This is a AMD mobo not sure why people are saying its intel...

Im running this exact mobo on the back up machine with a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G clocked @ 4.20

its a basic corner cut method done by prebuilds. example like the 1 stick of ram method.

with that being said.. its not a bad board but by no means the best. 

check in the bios that the xmp is enabled and when adding ram just make sure the frequency is the same.

Team T-Force Delta RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model TF3D432G3200HC16FDC01

will also work on this mobo. these are the exact sticks im using but only white on my b550. with the xmp enabled in bios.. hope that helps

I have the disk that came with the mobo..ive been using it as a cup holder. I can dump the content onto here if still needed.

20220521_211335.jpg

20220521_222307.jpg

Wow! They did not even include a disk.  Only thing was small sheet called quickstart which was more about unpacking than anything.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:16 PM, Warp3d said:

.PS if yours  came with that cpu cooler in the picture... do yourself a favor and replace that E-Waste

Would you add information?

On 6/16/2022 at 11:54 PM, dankferrick said:

Has anyone been able to use a Gen4 NVME drive in the m2a PCIE at Gen4 speeds? Or does anyone have the specific manual for the CYBERPOWERPC prebuilt from Sam's Club? I need to find out if the OEM B550 UD AC supports Gen4.

A WAG per info I have seen, the B550 chipset with Ryzen processors is supposed to and maybe even do both boards if MOBO manufacturer took full advantage. But this particular board, B550 ud ac seems to only support the first slot at fastest speed. Same with only the first PCIE slot. 

It does make me wonder what that slot is if you are using onboard graphics which would presumably operate as if in that slot or at that speed?

• 2 months later...
On 6/16/2022 at 10:54 PM, dankferrick said:

This motherboard does support gen4 I have a put in a WD Black SN770 as my second storage. 

• 1 month later...

Does this motherboard support the 5800x3D? , want to know before I install it. Already upgraded to the latest bios but still not sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I have the same exact MoBo and wanted to ask what’s the highest tier of AMD cpu I can use? Currently have a 5600G from my prebuilt

2 hours ago, Skibbdybopyesw said:

Hi Everyone, I have the same exact MoBo and wanted to ask what’s the highest tier of AMD cpu I can use? Currently have a 5600G from my prebuilt

Someone please let us know I tried putting in a ryzen 5900x and it doesn’t boot and I installed the latest bios and I’m still not having luck 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 9:42 PM, Lucianooo.0 said:

Someone please let us know I tried putting in a ryzen 5900x and it doesn’t boot and I installed the latest bios and I’m still not having luck 

Here's a link to the official list of supported CPU's for this motherboard -

On 6/16/2022 at 11:54 PM, dankferrick said:

According to the features page on the Gigabyte website for this board, yes, it supports - 

• Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 Connectors

According to the Specification page on the Gigabyte website for this board, and in the manual, yes, it supports PCIe Gen 4 -

• AMD Ryzen 5000 Series/3000 Series Processors support SATA and PCI4 4.0 x4/x2 SSDs

You can download the Gigabyte B550-UD-AC motherboard manual from here.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, efonte said:

Does it have PCIe 4? Can I upgrade the CPU past a Ryzen 5 5600x? Any weird quirks that I need to work around. Really any info on this board would be appreciated.

Yes, it has PCIe 4

Yes, you can upgrade the CPU past a Ryzen 5600x.

You can find all the info you'd like about the Gigabyte B550-UD-AC board at the Gigabyte website here -

On 12/4/2021 at 5:05 PM, Verdulo said:

There are a few BIOS listed but only one for B550 UD AC.  I still was not able to update the BIOS, however this time it actually was able to read the BIOS.  All previous attempts from BIOS' downloaded directly from Gigabyte throw an incorrect part number error. 

As you pointed out, there is only one BIOS update for the Gigabyet B550 UD AC motherboard which can be found at the Gigabyte website for the B550 UD AC board here.  

On 8/16/2021 at 10:39 PM, Guest said:

Ok and where is this model number? Printed on the board? Gotta picture?

Yes, that's right, the motherboard model is printed directly onto the board, between the CPU and the Memory slots. 

If you, or anyone else, are still looking to confirm this, then scroll down to the picture of the board at this link, and you can  clearly see the model number in that location (between the CPU and the Memory slots). Zoom in on the image if you'd like to see it more clearly, but that's where the model number is located on the board, and as you can see, it clearly says B550 UD AC. 

On 12/8/2021 at 12:19 PM, mayankb3192 said:

,,,I wanted to know the number of M.2 expansion slots since its not exactly clear. I did reach out to NZXT but their ticket tracking system seems unresponsive. I might call them up sometime, but any information will help a lot. Thank you! 

There are two (2) M.2 slots on the Gigabyte B550 UD AC board, one on either side of the 4 PCIe slots that are grouped together.  You can see them in the picture of the board here (says "Dual M.2 Connectors" on the right side of the board with lines showing where they're located) or in the drawing of the motherboard in the manual

1 x M.2 connector (M2A_CPU), integrated in the CPU, supports PCIe 4.0 with  AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series/3000 Series Processors & supports PCIe 3.0 with AMD Ryzen™ 5000 G-Series/4000 G-Series Processors

1 x M.2 connector (M2B_SB), integrated in the Chipset, supports PCIe 3.0 NVME SSDs

On 8/21/2021 at 8:33 AM, Guest said:

Ok... can you simply take a picture of the board.

Narrowed it down, Gigabyte made 5 UD boards but do not use UD in the product description. 

I believe the board model is a B550 DS3H AC, as was stated. .

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-DS3H-AC-rev-1x

Can you confirm?

The board model was B550 UD AC, as OP stated. 

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-UD-AC-rev-12#kf

Product Description -

GIGABYTE UD series motherboards use a 10+3 phases pure digital PWM + Low RDS(on) MOSFETs design to support the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPUs by offering incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard's most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components as well as delivering enhanced system performance and ultimate hardware scalability.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-UD-AC-rev-12#kf

On 3/12/2022 at 8:03 PM, eliteangler said:

Also... can I upgrade my RAM to a higher voltage... I want to remove two 1.2 V 8 GB DDR4 and install two1.35 V 16 GB sticks.  Thanks!

No, you can't put whatever memory you want in a motherboard. You have to put the memory that it was designed to run with in it, as specified by the manufacturer.

In the Gigabyte B550 ED AC board, you can use DDR4 3200 | 2933 | 2667 | 2400 or 2133 MHz memory modules, which can be overclocked in the "Tweaker" secion of the EUFI settings (press F2 during boot). There is an option in there to adjust voltages. DDR4 3200 can be overclocked as high as 4733Mhz, depending on the individual machines configuration and other memory settings, and has a safe voltage range of 1.2v - 1.4v. Some individuals have reported increasing voltage as high as 1.55v, but whether it is possible to go this high will be determined by your overclocking software/EUFI limits, other memory adjustments, and system stability. 

From the Corsair website:

• By default, DDR4 runs at 1.2v, while many memory module kits are rated to run at around 1.35v with XMP. Raise your voltage slowly until your system is stable; we recommend not going above 1.4v to be safe.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:54 AM, aighthenok said:

Does this motherboard support the 5800x3D? , want to know before I install it. Already upgraded to the latest bios but still not sure. 

Yes, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D is in the List of Supported CPUs for this board.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I just gifted an nzxt foundation back in august of 2022 before gigabyte posted the UD AC board in their page. I’m currently rocking a 5600g but intend to swap cpu to either 5600x or 5800x. The bios is currently on version F4B. First of all can I just simply swap cpu without messing with bio ? They are in the same 5000 series Fam. Secondly let’s say I want to update bio. Gigabyte webpage posted it as revision 1.2 but my board says 1.0 on it. Will the bio they have work ? Plz let me know thank you 

• 4 weeks later...