is it possible to fix a monitor ribbon?

adarw

is it hard to do? any tutorials?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

A ribbon? easier to buy a new one, harder to find one. If one can be very accurate, one could maybe be able to "attach" them together, but I doubt it would work and might cause more problems than not doing so, or if one can wire things up by hand. So just find a new (correct) one if able to.

If you can remove and replace a new one.

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

A ribbon? easier to buy a new one, harder to find one. If one can be very accurate, one could maybe be able to "attach" them together, but I doubt it would work and might cause more problems than not doing so, or if one can wire things up by hand. So just find a new (correct) one if able to.

If you can remove and replace a new one.

hmm i was looking for a monitor and this poped out for 40 buck, so i thoght i could fix it but should i even think about it?

s-l640.jpg

btw the orignal price is 500, its 4k.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

14 minutes ago, adarw said:

hmm i was looking for a monitor and this poped out for 40 buck, so i thoght i could fix it but should i even think about it?

s-l640.jpg

btw the orignal price is 500, its 4k.

you never know if there is other issues, if you never got it to work. Unless you know a lot about the electrical components and electricity in general with tools to meassure it with. It could be a lot worse or not at all, you could try to repair if you want, but you might have to repair a lot more or you are lucky. Also if the screen itself has not been damaged in any way.