R710 not detecting hard drives

I recently bought a dell r710 and I'm trying to put unraid on it. I was able to get unraid booted using the internal usb port but unraid is unable to see the 2 installed drives I put in the system. I've looked around and I've seen solutions where you have to go into PERC or the raid controller using ctrl+c or ctrl+r to configure the drives but nothing happens when I do that before the os starts. Also, I don't know if this matters, but the lights on the hard drive caddies are not turning on. They flash briefly on system boot but they don't turn on after that. I'd like to configure the array to JBOD so that unraid can handle the redundancy if possible. Thanks

What raid card are you using?

You probably have to make a raid array for each drive(I think raid 0), and then unraid will work with that. 

But you probably want to swap the raid card out for a hba in this system.

47 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What raid card are you using?

You probably have to make a raid array for each drive(I think raid 0), and then unraid will work with that. 

But you probably want to swap the raid card out for a hba in this system.

How can I tell what raid card I have installed?

Just now, Withenex said:

How can I tell what raid card I have installed?

It probablys says on the page that it was sold on, otherwise the raid menu should tell you, or the label on the card.

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

It probablys says on the page that it was sold on, otherwise the raid menu should tell you, or the label on the card.

It doesn't say so on the page I bought it from, I can't get the raid menu to open and I don't know where to find the card as I've never touched a server before

4 minutes ago, Withenex said:

It doesn't say so on the page I bought it from, I can't get the raid menu to open and I don't know where to find the card as I've never touched a server before

Did you look up videos showing how to swap the raid card? There are a good amount that will show you where it is.

What message do you get when you try to open the raid card menu? It should show the key on the boot screen.