Ordered custom CableMod cables with CableMod Express, promptly cancelled due to wrong measurements and was refunded, and it still shipped

Hey guys. Trying my luck here since I cannot get a response from CableMod support. Wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience. 

I ordered some custom cables from CableMod with CableMod Express shipping (additional $50) and soon after noticed I ordered the wrong dimensions. So I cancelled the $200 order, received a refund, and ordered the correct dimensions. 

However, both orders ended up shipping and arrived today. I tried contacting CableMod support and they've been silent. I saw on their Support FAQ page today (first time I saw this) that CableMod Express orders cannot be cancelled as they go immediately into processing. If I had known that prior, I would have figured out a way to make the original order work. Not sure why their website gave me the option to cancel anyway if that's the case. 

Anyway, I'm really worried that they'll recharge me the $200 for that order and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience they can share and what the resolution was?

1 minute ago, JingleJaxson said:

Hey guys. Trying my luck here since I cannot get a response from CableMod support. Wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience. 

I ordered some custom cables from CableMod with CableMod Express shipping (additional $50) and soon after noticed I ordered the wrong dimensions. So I cancelled the $200 order, received a refund, and ordered the correct dimensions. 

However, both orders ended up shipping and arrived today. I tried contacting CableMod support and they've been silent. I saw on their Support FAQ page that CableMod Express orders cannot be cancelled as they go immediately into processing. If I had know that prior, I would have figured out a way to make the original order work. Not sure why their website gave me the option to cancel anyway if that's the case. 

Anyway, I'm really worried that they'll recharge me the $200 for that order and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience they can share and what the resolution was?

I would contact them if you are worried and dont plan to use the cables in your system. 

Best option since they just arrived today is to continue to try and contact them to see how they want to handle it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Best option since they just arrived today is to continue to try and contact them to see how they want to handle it. 

I sent them another email today. I've been trying the last few days with no response. I'll be so mad if they charge me again.

@CableMod Can you help with this at all?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

If you have documentation in the form of sent emails confirming you did not want the order , and if they already refunded the transaction...... then no they absolutely cannot charge for the extra unwanted cables.

You'll have more than enough to show your card company to ensure they cannot charge the card further and it will be up to them to prove effort wasn't made for the refund which they of course aren't going to have.

16 minutes ago, emosun said:

If you have documentation in the form of sent emails confirming you did not want the order , and if they already refunded the transaction...... then no they absolutely cannot charge for the extra unwanted cables.

You'll have more than enough to show your card company to ensure they cannot charge the card further and it will be up to them to prove effort wasn't made for the refund which they of course aren't going to have.

I have all that documented—that I received a refund and that their internal system shows cancelled. I feel bad that they sent it out because I know that is ultimately a loss on their part and they did produce this quickly (ordered Monday and received from China on Friday). I have nothing but good things to say about CableMod. Was just worried they'd recharge me and wish their Support would respond.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:50 AM, JingleJaxson said:

I feel bad that they sent it out

Don't feel bad its not your fault.

They could very easily allow time for refunds or reconfigure their system to not allow for it once and order is placed.

I once ordered ram from ebay and the seller shipped them.... but then the shipment seemed to get stalled in the mail and never arrived. They then sent another and again it was stalled. They then sent a 3rd , and all three orders arrived on the same day almost 2 months later. The seller said they really didn;t mind so long as at least one got there , still gave them a good review anyway. So could be worse.

I should also say the cable themselves are just wire and plastic connectors , they could send you two sets and still make a profit especially if you're paying 200$ for 20$ worth of materials

My first order from CableMod I received a totally different color and PSU than I ordered. I contacted them, and they sent my correct order and told me to keep the wrong order. They make mistakes, but they’re cool about it. Now I’ve got a red EVGA PSU kit on standby… 

On 8/16/2021 at 5:17 PM, CableMod said:

@JingleJaxsonif the order was refunded but still shipped anyways, you wouldn't be charged for it again. That would be a mistake on our end then, so you get yourself an order on the house, free of charge. 🙂

Thank you! Very happy with the cables. Will always use CableMod!

I would just keep the cables for now. It is their problem they shipped them so why should you waste your time trying to help them if they won't respond to you.