Custom Motherboards

Hi before you say that no manufacturer will make one motherboard once its not a motherboard that i want one of and most certainly not once i want a motherboard to sell to consumers that have a MacBook that is or is very similar to the late MacBook 2007 the black one not something too crazy just 2 dimm slots with support for 32gb of ram 1 (or 2 if possible) m.2 slots 2 hard drive slots the one it already has and the disk drive slot as another one and support for newer components and also external monitor support as the inbuilt one is kinda trash

This is easily a multi million dollar project you know that right? 

• Finding a company to outsource the motherboard design
  • Getting prototypes built by another company
  • Testing prototypes.
  • Fixing problems encountered with prototypes.
  • Building prerelease units.
  • Getting your motherboards certified (this might not be necessary, I am not entirely sure)
  • Testing prerelease units.
  • Finding a manufacturer to scale the production according to your needs.

Yeah this aint happening.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

This is easily a multi million dollar project you know that right? 

• Finding a company to outsource the motherboard design
  • Getting prototypes built by another company
  • Testing prototypes.
  • Fixing problems encountered with prototypes.
  • Building prerelease units.
  • Getting your motherboards certified (this might not be necessary, I am not entirely sure)
  • Testing prerelease units.
  • Finding a manufacturer to scale the production according to your needs.

Yeah this aint happening.

this guy thinks he can just make a mobo without spending millions of dollars and in the end he just want the mac to be a case. lol have fun

oh and @Levent you forgot about software compatibility thats huge

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Good luck with that. I work in the lighting industry and we have to build custom proto type boards and just to add components to one side of a small 1in by 2in PCB it's like $10K for 20 boards and thats just for surface components on one side.  This project would easily set you back 30K for just a demo board before certifications let alone what Apple would charge for there intellectual property. To get actual retail boards out on a project like this would cost millions, 

My brain hurts reading just the first sentence.

Haha. 

2007 MacBook.... no thanks, I'll pass. My phone is faster.

so instead could i start my own laptop manufacturing company? if i was to start one what would the cost be? and any idea on how to source the required components?

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

My brain hurts reading just the first sentence.

Haha. 

2007 MacBook.... no thanks, I'll pass. My phone is faster.

what if i could make it faster than your current laptop

or even desktop

Just now, Boss007 said:

so instead could i start my own laptop manufacturing company? if i was to start one what would the cost be? and any idea on how to source the required components?

First of all decide what you want to do. From scratch to a complete laptop manufacturing process, I would say $100M-$250M should get you started.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Boss007 said:

I don't have a laptop though....

Now sell this to me.

What unique features could you implenent?

2 minutes ago, Boss007 said:

If you are planning on going it alone, then good luck to ya.
As explained by Levent, there are many, many costs to even just get started manufacturing motherboards.

4 minutes ago, Boss007 said:

or even desktop

No motherboard will make a Late 2007 MacBook faster than a current-gen laptop or desktop.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

First of all decide what you want to do. From scratch to a complete laptop manufacturing process, I would say $100M-$250M should get you started.

so you are telling me companies like acer, hp, asus and dell started with 100-200m when they started selling computers?

13 minutes ago, Boss007 said:

If you can source a already built motherboard form like Micro-Star or one of the other Chinese brands you might be able to get this to work but even then its going to cost allot. But to actually build any type of mother board from scrach it would cost millions unless it was like a small raspberry pi or arduino type board that you made by hand and programmed yourself. 

7 minutes ago, Boss007 said:

oh my god............... kid how old are you?

-----------------

#

Just now, ELSknutson said:

If you can source a already built motherboard form like Micro-Star or one of the other Chinese brands you might be able to get this to work but even then its going to cost allot. But to actually build any type of mother board from scrach it would cost millions unless it was like a small raspberry pi or arduino type board. 

that still would cost millions

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, Bill_Skills said:

If you are planning on going it alone, then good luck to ya.
As explained by Levent, there are many, many costs to even just get started manufacturing motherboards.

No motherboard will make a Late 2007 MacBook faster than a current-gen laptop or desktop.

I mean i can start by selling a few mobos im sure there are aftermarket parts available its like anyone can offer services to build a pc for you so why cant it be done with laptops?

Just now, Boss007 said:

so you are telling me companies like acer, hp, asus and dell started with 100-200m when they started selling computers?

Let me remind you this sentence you wrote. Many of those companies used Foxconn (and most still do) for manufacturing. Manufacturing is not "selling".

8 minutes ago, Boss007 said:

so instead could i start my own laptop manufacturing company?

1 minute ago, Boss007 said:

No they started when componets were hand soldered to the board and government entities did not have regulations on electronics. Also they started off with slapping there name on boards and products that already existed to reduce cost, and even then they likely spent millions.  

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Let me remind you this sentence you wrote. Many of those companies used Foxconn (and most still do) for manufacturing. Manufacturing is not "selling".

so let me rephase my sentence

could i start a laptop selling company?

Just now, Boss007 said:

Yeah, and you could also buy a lottery ticket and win the jackpot right now.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Boss007 said:

if you took a laptop from china put your logo on it and sold it sure

-----------------

#

13 minutes ago, Boss007 said:

or even desktop

What if you could make a 2007 laptop faster than a modern desktop?

Thanks for revolutionizing the entire computer world! Please share your design so I can steal it and make a fortune

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Boss007 said:

If you had the money, absolutely.
But if you're like the rest of us, who don't just have a cool couple hundred million, then probably not.

3 minutes ago, Boss007 said:

Again,

13 minutes ago, Levent said:

First of all decide what you want to do. 

Yes, find a company that agrees to sell their hardware to your so that you can rebrand them. Clevo and Tongfang does this for major manufacturers (like Gigabyte laptops, IIRC). Strike a deal with them, slap stickers on the devices and sell them. I honestly dont think you have any clue on what any of use mean in this thread. This again is easily half a million dollar commitment.

6 minutes ago, Boss007 said:

Yes you could you could source parts and pices needed and use like a Diy based kit. But this still would cost allot and trying to compete with the major manufactures with thousands of workers that can pump out mass volumes of laptops. Thus reducing the costs of there product to were it would be almost imposable to compete without having something different to offer that's worth the added cost of there products.