What PSU should i get for a EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3?

Joe30

I am looking for 1000w or higher. Any psu suggestion that will be good for mine pc?

My pc has 

Amd 5900x

asus x570-e

32 gb gskill neo

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3

On 8/12/2021 at 8:48 PM, IIIIIIIIII said:

Where do you buy psu?

b&h, newegg and best buy

A rule to follow if you wish to have a quiet system that last's , is purchase a PSU that supplies 30 to 40 % more power than your computer will demand. Add up the total of all your components. Fans , GPU , CPU , pumps in water-cooling loops , RGB lighting , drives , SSD , and anything else that will be run by you're PSU , (usb devices for example) Then add 30 to 40%.....  I think I would go with a 1300 watt Seasonic Titanium , Titanium being the most efficient Seasonic manufactures. It has a 12 year warranty. Seasonic stands behind their products. Also note that Seasonic makes the Corsair PSU's as well. In fact they make a lot of PSU's for a lot of companies. Whenever you are talking about a power supply , or an amplifier , you want to keep that power supply , or amplifier , from operating too close to peak , the closer you get to peak rated output , the more it is straining the power supply. More strain , dirtier power. Dirty power , shortens the life of electronics considerably. You never want your power supply to operate too close to its rated output , as it overworks it, and shortens its life, AND , the life of you're electronics! You want it operating , as a rule , not much above 50 or 60 % of maximum rated output. Keep it there , and you will seldom , if ever, hear a fan in your power supply turn on. I am an audiophile and I build computers , I have learned through experience , if you wish your electronics to last , and to perform well , never make them strain , keep them clean , and avoid smoking near you're electronics. Dust and tar are the electronics killers , moisture as well , but probably even more damaging is strain, (distortion , and dirty power within you're electronics , (distortion) , will put you're electronics in an early grave. Love them , and they will love you back.

46 minutes ago, spiritchill said:

A rule to follow if you wish to have a quiet system that last's , is purchase a PSU that supplies 30 to 40 % more power than your computer will demand. Add up the total of all your components. Fans , GPU , CPU , pumps in water-cooling loops , RGB lighting , drives , SSD , and anything else that will be run by you're PSU , (usb devices for example) Then add 30 to 40%..... 

Oversizing the power supply can actually be worse for noise. Higher wattage power supplies need more aggressive fans to deal with the extra heat generated at higher loads. Instead of buying a higher wattage power supply it's better to check professional reviews for quiet power supplies. Cybenetics grades power supplies by their noise output. 

I think I would go with a 1300 watt Seasonic Titanium , Titanium being the most efficient Seasonic manufactures. It has a 12 year warranty. Seasonic stands behind their products. Also note that Seasonic makes the Corsair PSU's as well. In fact they make a lot of PSU's for a lot of companies.

Seasonic does not manufacture Corsair's power supplies. 

Is the Seasonic Prime TX-1300 1300w titanium PSU available? It received its 80+ certification several months ago but it's not currently listed on Seasonic's website or any retailer sites. I can only find the 1300w Platinum and Gold models.

You never want your power supply to operate too close to its rated output , as it overworks it, and shortens its life, AND , the life of you're electronics! You want it operating , as a rule , not much above 50 or 60 % of maximum rated output.

[Good] power supplies are rated to operate continuously at their maximum rated output, with high end power supplies often rated to output their max load at temperatures as high as 50°C. Though do note that Seasonic power supplies are only rated for 100% load at 40°C and only 80% load at 50°C. It's just marketing fluff from Seasonic to put a 50°C temperature rating on a PSU that's really only rated for 40°C, though in review hotbox testing they seem to have no problem running at the full 50°C so I have no idea why they do it the way they do.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 8/13/2021 at 10:49 PM, IIIIIIIIII said:

Is Corsair RMx (2021) 1000 W a good psu to use? The tom hardware review is saying the

Against

• - High OCP triggering points on the minor rails
  • - A small overall efficiency boost would be nice

Will these be an issue in using this psu?

( https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm1000x-2021-power-supply-review )

6 hours ago, Joe30 said:

Is Corsair RMx (2021) 1000 W a good psu to use? The tom hardware review is saying the

Against

• - High OCP triggering points on the minor rails
  • - A small overall efficiency boost would be nice

Will this issue in using this psu?

( https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm1000x-2021-power-supply-review )

Neither of those have anything to do with anything.  😄

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 8:38 PM, Joe30 said:

I am looking for 1000w or higher. Any psu suggestion that will be good for mine pc?

My pc has 

Amd 5900x

asus x570-e

32 gb gskill neo

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3

Choices

Corsair RMx (2021) 1000 W

or

EVGA G6 1000W (2021)