Task Manager is showing that my CPU is being taxed more than my GPU during Back 4 Blood? Odd..

Simple Jack

Right, I know it's beta and there are probably several things the developers are ironing out. However, I still believe that there is something wrong on my end with my hardware. My build?

Windows 10

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Intel i7 7700K

32GB Corsair DDR4 2666 RAM

Corsair 1000 watt PSU

Asus ROG STRIX B250G Gaming LGA1151 Micro-ATX

I ran task manager on one of my monitors and it was showing that my CPU was being taxed anywhere from 50% to 60% during gameplay in Fort Hope. At the same time, my GPU would only be taxed about 20% to 30%. How would you go about fixing this? Please and thank you for your help.

7 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

Right, I know it's beta and there are probably several things the developers are ironing out. However, I still believe that there is something wrong on my end with my hardware. My build?

Windows 10

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Intel i7 7700K

32GB Corsair DDR4 1866 RAM

Corsair 1000 watt PSU

Asus ROG STRIX B250G Gaming LGA1151 Micro-ATX

I ran task manager on one of my monitors and it was showing that my CPU was being taxed anywhere from 50% to 60% during gameplay in Fort Hope. At the same time, my GPU would only be taxed about 20% to 30%. How would you go about fixing this? Please and thank you for your help.

Sounds about right to me. When L4D first launched it was also a huge CPU hog, the game is doing a surprising amount of background simulation with the Director AI handling spawning of enemies plus all the path finding for the huge hordes and AI for the bigger Zs.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That's normal, it means you're CPU bottlenecked. CPU almost never shows 100%. The only fix would be upgrading your CPU, but I don't recommend it unless it doesn't run fast enough.