Should I upgrade from X470 to X570 for R9 5900x?

8 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

Well,

I just couldn't resist a deal on

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard- PCIe 4.0, Aura Sync RGB Lighting, 2.5 Gbps and Intel Gigabit LAN, WIFI 6 (802.11Ax), Dual M.2 Heatsinks (New)

I just had to pay Shipping: $ 11.28, so now I will get that MB tomorrow.( Amazon Price was $329)

Question:

Can I just replant the OS NVMe from the x470 +5900X build to x570+5900X build?

I tried to find online but no one is talking about Win10, but just Win7

Has anyone done it?

Any help would be appreciated.

You want to remove the chipset drivers and any motherboard software along with it. Then swap the hardware and it should load w10 no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

So I did it...

Actually did not remove anything from the C Drive, just plunked it in the new MB, with the 5900X.

Windows took care of itself.. it seems, plugged my other 3 HD,s in and it seems like nothing ever changed. The OS, works, the other 3 drives are where they need to be by themselves, the Games drive work, Virtual Machines run( they are installed on a separate NVMe drive), and the Data storage drive also has the right drive letters and paths to all the installed applications.

The only Issue I had was with the Freaking RealTek Audio drivers, but that got solved as well.

So, in my experience, I moved the CPU, and all the HD's and the RAM to the New MB and everything seems to be working just fine for now.

It was a scary Move though.... this being my only work horse machine, I was really anxious about the move, but in the end it seems everything worked out.

(PS: I did install all SW for this MB)