Forza 7 75% discount before EOL in September.

JZStudios
47 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Forza 7 is being pulled from store along with all DLC, if you don't buy it now, you won't be able to.

Pulled from what store?

10 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Pulled from what store?

Presumably the Xbox store and Microsoft store.  For whatever reason, Microsoft continually delists all main Forza titles and their DLC, with Forza Horizon titles and their DLC generally staying up (I think only the Fast and the Furious titles got delisted?).  The general understanding I have gleaned is that it is a rights issue, either for music and or for cars.  However, it does seem odd that Forza Horizon seems to be unaffected by these decisions.  It's incredibly painful whenever one of the titles gets delisted, because they truly are great racing titles.

Edit: Seems like only Horizon 4 is available

Darn, at $10 I might have to pick that game up before it's gone forever. It's stuff like this that's why I hate digital-only games. If the developers decide to discontinue the game, it's gone forever. Not only is it horrible for game preservation, but it also forces a lot of people to resort to piracy if they weren't able to buy the game while it was available. And yes, I know there are physical copies of Forza 7, but only for Xbox. So that doesn't help someone who wants to play the game on PC.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

14 hours ago, metaleggman said:

Presumably the Xbox store and Microsoft store.  For whatever reason, Microsoft continually delists all main Forza titles and their DLC, with Forza Horizon titles and their DLC generally staying up (I think only the Fast and the Furious titles got delisted?).  The general understanding I have gleaned is that it is a rights issue, either for music and or for cars.  However, it does seem odd that Forza Horizon seems to be unaffected by these decisions.  It's incredibly painful whenever one of the titles gets delisted, because they truly are great racing titles.

Edit: Seems like only Horizon 4 is available

Horizon 4 is the only title still for sale, once FM7 gets pulled. What's more annoying beyond the ruination of game preservation is that most companies give these types of games away for free before pulling them from sale. Not M$, still gotta make that dollar.

I'm assuming FH4 will also be pulled shortly.

7 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Darn, at $10 I might have to pick that game up before it's gone forever. It's stuff like this that's why I hate digital-only games. If the developers decide to discontinue the game, it's gone forever. Not only is it horrible for game preservation, but it also forces a lot of people to resort to piracy if they weren't able to buy the game while it was available. And yes, I know there are physical copies of Forza 7, but only for Xbox. So that doesn't help someone who wants to play the game on PC.

I have no legal means of playing Horizon 3. Even then, I'm not sure I could. Forza 6 on PC was more of a demo anyways.

#Muricaparrotgang

14 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I have no legal means of playing Horizon 3

Same here, which sucks because it's a great game. I made the mistake of getting a disc copy, only to realize that didn't make me eligible to run it on my PC via Xbox play anywhere (it was my first time getting a "play anywhere" compatible game as it was a new thing at the time). While I still have access to my parents' Xbox to play the disc version should I want, once I move out I'll no longer be able to.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Same here, which sucks because it's a great game. I made the mistake of getting a disc copy, only to realize that didn't make me eligible to run it on my PC via Xbox play anywhere (it was my first time getting a "play anywhere" compatible game as it was a new thing at the time). While I still have access to my parents' Xbox to play the disc version should I want, once I move out I'll no longer be able to.

They're still on Gamepass. I suppose the logic is that the licensing prevents them from selling the game, where gamepass technically doesn't do that.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 8/9/2021 at 5:57 PM, JZStudios said:

Forza 7 is being pulled from store along with all DLC

The world is doing a lot of shutting down games lately... UPlay Games Online MP Officially Shutdown August 10th 2021.

On 8/9/2021 at 5:57 PM, JZStudios said:

if you don't buy it now, you won't be able to.

Does Forza 7 offer anything more than staring at a car going around a track in a high resolution for hours on end? I have so many games that do that and rarely play em' more than a couple of hours.

7 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

The world is doing a lot of shutting down games lately... UPlay Games Online MP Officially Shutdown August 10th 2021.

Does Forza 7 offer anything more than staring at a car going around a track in a high resolution for hours on end? I have so many games that do that and rarely play em' more than a couple of hours.

That's just online functionality.

Uhh... yeah, you control the car. Don't know what else you'd expect from a racing sim. I have lots of racing games and hundreds of hours in them.

I just remembered it's EGS giveaway day.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Don't know what else you'd expect from a racing sim.

Anything more than controlling the car. Scenery for example. Go above and beyond with it. Especially since you can't drive through it.

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I just remembered it's EGS giveaway day.

It's just one game this week that they've already given away before...

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

16 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

It's just one game this week that they've already given away before...

Don't think so, they did the sequel before. But I already had the game either way.

16 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

Anything more than controlling the car. Scenery for example. Go above and beyond with it. Especially since you can't drive through it.

How would you control scenery?

#Muricaparrotgang

40 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Don't think so, they did the sequel before. But I already had the game either way.

Well I've never purchased a single game from EGS and I already owned this one so they've definitely given it away for free before.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

9 hours ago, JZStudios said:

How would you control scenery?

Lol, I don't mean to control the scenery. Those were meant to be two separate sentences I typed.

I mean that scenery is one aspect of the game that could be a lot better. When I say go above and beyond with the scenery, I'm saying to make it something that gives you another reason to play the game. Especially since the scenery cannot be traveled upon. And I don't mean to make the scenery an open world like Forza, I just mean to make it something. Something... different. Something that makes the game more alive.

Maybe giant mountains to travel by, or a higher variety of familiar location assets. Maybe have like people walking around. Sneezing. Walking. Throwing rocks. I dunno. Just something to notice as you whiz by at hundreds of miles an hour. Leaves falling off trees, umm... Some dude selling lemonade. Just, something. Otherwise, I'm just staring at a car as I control it. Which has been done before countless times.

13 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

I mean that scenery is one aspect of the game that could be a lot better. When I say go above and beyond with the scenery, I'm saying to make it something that gives you another reason to play the game. Especially since the scenery cannot be traveled upon. And I don't mean to make the scenery an open world like Forza, I just mean to make it something. Something... different. Something that makes the game more alive.

How very vague.

Maybe giant mountains to travel by, or a higher variety of familiar location assets. Maybe have like people walking around. Sneezing. Walking. Throwing rocks. I dunno. Just something to notice as you whiz by at hundreds of miles an hour. Leaves falling off trees, umm... Some dude selling lemonade. Just, something. Otherwise, I'm just staring at a car as I control it. Which has been done before countless times.

They're laser scanned racetracks, it's as accurate as it can be, including the surrounding environments. The rest of what you said would be condensed into crowds, which racing games have had since the 90's.

It's not like the only thing visible is your car and the track surface and that's it. Nothing about what you said really makes sense and can just be summed up as you don't like racing games.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 8/10/2021 at 3:50 PM, JZStudios said:

Horizon 4 is the only title still for sale, once FM7 gets pulled. What's more annoying beyond the ruination of game preservation is that most companies give these types of games away for free before pulling them from sale. Not M$, still gotta make that dollar.

I'm assuming FH4 will also be pulled shortly.

If FH3 is anything to go on, FH4 will get pulled next September or so.  Usually the Horizon games overlap a little.  Funny enough, I was remembering how long the original Horizon game was still available, since I think it got delisted last year along with FH3.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:50 PM, JZStudios said:

I have no legal means of playing Horizon 3. Even then, I'm not sure I could. Forza 6 on PC was more of a demo anyways.

Yeah, I've been trying to back up "preserved copies" of FM7, FH3, and FH4 just in case.  Funny enough, I never knew about FM6 Apex until after it delisted, so I've been on a mad search to find a way to run it.  I found a beta somewhere online that got to run, and I'm pretty close to running the actual game files again.  UWP is weird, especially with the un-encrypted APPX packages.  You just have to install them using powershell, copy the files to a new directory, enable a developer mode, and re-install using those loose files.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:00 AM, Paul Rudd said:

Yeah, it's a sim more or less.  It's more arcadey than other sims, but it's still a sim by nature.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:27 PM, Paul Rudd said:

And I don't mean to make the scenery an open world like Forza, I just mean to make it something. Something... different. Something that makes the game more alive.

There's definitely some nice tracks in the past few FMs, with tunnels, nice cliff-side vistas, etc.  The rain and night effects are fun too, changing up the play mechanics.

On 8/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, JZStudios said:

The rest of what you said would be condensed into crowds, which racing games have had since the 90's.

Where those crowds wandering around selling lemonade, sneezing, throwing rocks, etc, etc? Most of the crowds I see in racing games are just people standing in one place or people on a looped animation. A looped animation might be better if that loop were as long as the race, not 5-10 seconds long.

On 8/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, JZStudios said:

you don't like racing games.

I love racing games, until staring at a car go around a track gets old. Which is usually after an hour or two.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:36 AM, metaleggman said:

Yeah, it's a sim more or less.  It's more arcadey than other sims, but it's still a sim by nature.

I guess racing simulations just aren't offering more than simulation.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:36 AM, metaleggman said:

There's definitely some nice tracks in the past few FMs, with tunnels, nice cliff-side vistas, etc.  The rain and night effects are fun too, changing up the play mechanics.

Tunnels are nice. Cliff-side vistas sounds great if they're alive. Rain is okay and what would be cool about night is if you got to watch the sun rise or set off in the distance as you're racing. A moon and stars would be great to race under too. They would make the game pop if say, you came out of a tunnel near the end of a race and a starry night sky completely opened up from the tunnel, offering a closer to earth moon shot. It could be so jaw-dropping that you actually take your mind off the race and crash because it's so mesmerizing. That's how I'd want scenery to be in a racing sim anyway.

59 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

Where those crowds wandering around selling lemonade, sneezing, throwing rocks, etc, etc? Most of the crowds I see in racing games are just people standing in one place or people on a looped animation. A looped animation might be better if that loop were as long as the race, not 5-10 seconds long.

When was the last time you watched a sporting event where people were walking around selling lemonade and playing hopscotch instead of sitting in the bleachers and watching the sport? I've never bothered to sit around and watch the audience in a racing game, or any game that isn't GTA. I honestly don't understand why you'd expect racing games to do this. Should they also have a full 24 hour scheduled cycle so they wake up, have coffee, go to work, buildings are constructed in real time, they come back, make dinner, etc. like RDR2?

Crowds are quite literally the least important part of a racing game, and given that at any point in time you might need hundreds of them on screen filling bleachers they're usually sprites. I can't begin to fathom how seeing a bystander for the 3 seconds you race past them on a longer 30 second animation cycle would make the racing any better.

1 hour ago, Paul Rudd said:

I love racing games, until staring at a car go around a track gets old. Which is usually after an hour or two.

That explicitly sounds like you don't love racing games. "I love GTA, I got bored after half an hour and uninstalled it."

I guess racing simulations just aren't offering more than simulation.

? By definition, no. I don't understand.

Tunnels are nice. Cliff-side vistas sounds great if they're alive. Rain is okay and what would be cool about night is if you got to watch the sun rise or set off in the distance as you're racing. A moon and stars would be great to race under too. They would make the game pop if say, you came out of a tunnel near the end of a race and a starry night sky completely opened up from the tunnel, offering a closer to earth moon shot. It could be so jaw-dropping that you actually take your mind off the race and crash because it's so mesmerizing. That's how I'd want scenery to be in a racing sim anyway.

So completely unrealistic? Let me get this straight, you don't like Horizon, which is exactly what your describing, and you don't like sims because they're too realistic? And you somehow love racing games?

#Muricaparrotgang

10 hours ago, JZStudios said:

When was the last time you watched a sporting event where people were walking around selling lemonade and playing hopscotch instead of sitting in the bleachers and watching the sport?

Every, single, sporting event, I've been to. That's what people do. They rarely stand in one spot.

I've never bothered to sit around and watch the audience in a racing game, or any game that isn't GTA.

Me either, that's why I'd like to. It gives the game more to it.

I honestly don't understand why you'd expect racing games to do this.

Because none already do.

Should they also have a full 24 hour scheduled cycle so they wake up, have coffee, go to work, buildings are constructed in real time, they come back, make dinner, etc. like RDR2?

No, because a race doesn't last 24 hours. Now if they did those things for how long the race lasts, it would be awesome!

Crowds are quite literally the least important part of a racing game

Exactly! Because they're not alive. They're just there.

I can't begin to fathom how seeing a bystander for the 3 seconds you race past them on a longer 30 second animation cycle would make the racing any better.

Because then I don't have to just stare at a car going around a track for minutes at a time. I would get to say to someone playing with me, "did you just see that?"... They respond, "no, what did I miss?"... And I get to say, I just a father bring out a pop tart to his kid as he was about to get on a bus to school. I also almost crashed into the bus, a few dozen kids might have died."

That explicitly sounds like you don't love racing games.

I love the time I have invested into them. Not much more than that though because I'm just staring at a car for too long.

"I love GTA, I got bored after half an hour and uninstalled it."

I have 1000 hours in GTA, it's awesome. But I haven't played it in almost a year. I should, I hear there's another DLC update.

? By definition, no. I don't understand.

I guess I want more from what a racing simulation game is defined as.

So completely unrealistic?

No, quite the opposite. As realistic as can be.

Let me get this straight, you don't like Horizon, which is exactly what your describing

What makes you think I don't like Horizon? I love Horizon, it's one of my favorite car games. I completed Horizon and Horizon 2 and got all the achievements on Xbox before they got delisted(iirc).

you don't like sims because they're too realistic?

I like sims, which sims are you talking about here?

And you somehow love racing games?

Some of them, yes. Like I said, I loved the time I did invest into them. Mostly because I usually play them with someone else besides just me and that's what makes them memorable.

Every, single, sporting event, I've been to. That's what people do. They rarely stand in one spot.

Me either, that's why I'd like to. It gives the game more to it.

I've been to a number of events, and seen a few on TV, I've never seen people doing any of that.

It really doesn't. You're asking for something that you already had zero interest in doing. Not once when racing around a track have I worried that spectators aren't throwing rocks when I'm trying to manage brake points, throttle input, steering, and opponents.

Because none already do.

No, because a race doesn't last 24 hours. Now if they did those things for how long the race lasts, it would be awesome!

Exactly! Because they're not alive. They're just there.

What? Why would that make you expect it? They've never done it, because there's literally less than zero reason to do so, therefore you expect them to do it? That's the same kind of logic as illegally dumping your garbage in the woods near your house because no one will ever see it.

Yes, they do last for 24 hours. And no, that would be fucking stupid. There's no real races that only last for 5 minutes. Even WRX races have multiple heats and lasts a few hours. Meanwhile no buildings are built.

Crowds aren't unimportant because "they're not alive," they're unimportant because they literally do not matter. No one playing sports on the field is paying attention to what the crowd is doing.

Because then I don't have to just stare at a car going around a track for minutes at a time. I would get to say to someone playing with me, "did you just see that?"... They respond, "no, what did I miss?"... And I get to say, I just a father bring out a pop tart to his kid as he was about to get on a bus to school. I also almost crashed into the bus, a few dozen kids might have died."

What the fuck? People don't live at race tracks. There's no buses on race tracks. Why would you want to murder a bus full of kids? You're sicker than I thought. Aside from that, why are you playing a racing game by sitting on the sidelines? There's so much wrong with this.

No, quite the opposite. As realistic as can be.

What you described was completely unrealistic.

At this point you're arguing to argue. I'm not going any further, you don't like racing games.

#Muricaparrotgang