25000000ghz 😳

AStri
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
1 minute ago, AStri said:

HwMonitor shows 3.4 or something so its normal. But i cant use the pc it always bluescreens after 5 min 😞

I missed that part. Have you tried doing a BIOS update to see if that might fix it? 

I recently bought some used parts. A Asrock p67 pro3, 16gb ram, i7 2600k

when i launch the system task manager shows insane clock speeds then pc bluescreens when i try to run a cpu intensive task. I tried different cpus and they work perfectly. I also tried this 2600k in a different motherboard and it works perfectly too. No idea what could be wrong. I resetted bios and windows installation a few times..578A2547-E766-49D1-9F2F-27A123959089.jpeg.e503af3460ef1a31219be54a58f68e30.jpeg

Task manager is often just wrong when it comes to CPU speeds. I've had a similar issue happen before, where my 5930k would say it was running at 16GHz or something like that (I forget the exact number, I have the screenshot somewhere). However, if I went into MSI Afterburner or HWInfo, it would say the CPU was running at 4.1GHz (where my OC was set). The system performed fine and everything, task manager just wanted to be weird. I suspect this is what's happening to you. Use some other program to monitor CPU speed, and if that give the 28.7PHz, then you have a problem.

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Task manager is often just wrong when it comes to CPU speeds. I've had a similar issue happen before, where my 5930k would say it was running at 16GHz or something like that (I forget the exact number, I have the screenshot somewhere). However, if I went into MSI Afterburner or HWInfo, it would say the CPU was running at 4.1GHz (where my OC was set). The system performed fine and everything, task manager just wanted to be weird. I suspect this is what's happening to you. Use some other program to monitor CPU speed, and if that give the 28.7PHz, then you have a problem.

HwMonitor shows 3.4 or something so its normal. But i cant use the pc it always bluescreens after 5 min 😞

1 minute ago, AStri said:

I missed that part. Have you tried doing a BIOS update to see if that might fix it? 

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Trying one now, had to switch back to a different cpu cause the pc kept crashing 

47 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Seems to have fixed it with the newest bios. No clockspeed issue or bluescreen 😄