3770 stock colling temperature?

What is the recommended heat for this chip? I just started Folding and I also downloaded core temp to see my temperatures, and when its at full my temperature goes to 67°C ( Max is 70) is that too high?

(Sorry about the typo in the title, I don't know if its possible to edit)

Those temps aren't bad at all, you have nothing to worry about! What do you have cooling it?

I have a stock fan from dell on the CPU and on the back (yes I know.... I bought a pre built dell computer laugh it up) I was getting worried because with some Google searches people said not to go over 60

I agree with what the other said, 60 is perfectly fine.... guessing thats with no OC then???

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Anyways thanks a lot for the quick reply :D if the previous question was about the size of the fans I think it's like 70mm

Nope. The 3770 that came in the computer is not overclockable. But I find it good enough as it is :D

Sorry about all the confusion guys I'm on a crappy Acer tablet and nothing is working like I want :p

That actually is a great temp. My 3770k stock runs at 28c idle and was 90c ran on prime 95(was from auto vcore being way too high). For cpu's 70c under full load is best.

I also have a 3770 and when run folding it is hovering between 68-70 as well :)

Intel stock coolers are terrible using prime and playing some games (sleeping dogs) i was hitting 100C.

Idle temps are ok on it, but don't be fooled, under full load it is not fit for purpose.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

You don't have anything to worry about with those temps.  My 3770K reaches close to 80 degrees (which is my limit) when I am encoding video or running benchmarks and such.  For being a stock cooler, it's doing very well.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).