B450 tomahawk max II supports 5600g?

Norri
Go to solution Solved by Norri,

Hi guys i need some help since i cant really find out if a 5600g will work with my b450 tomahawk. I can only use the flash bios button on the back since i dont have an additional cpu available. So is this possible, and how does it work then?

Hi guys i need some help since i cant really find out if a 5600g will work with my b450 tomahawk. I can only use the flash bios button on the back since i dont have an additional cpu available. So is this possible, and how does it work then?

It depends on when the motherboard was made. Only way to know is to try it.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

It depends on when the motherboard was made. Only way to know is to try it.

I bought the motherboard in may.

3 minutes ago, Norri said:

I bought the motherboard in may.

The motherboard will not ship with a BIOS that is compatible with 5000 series Ryzen, but it should be compatible via a beta BIOS. Look on MSI's webpage for the appropriate version required.

9 minutes ago, Norri said:

I can only use the flash bios button on the back since i dont have an additional cpu available

Since you can basically flash any version you need with this, there's no problem. You just need a USB drive to contain the BIOS version

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yes it will.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX-II#support-cpu

Just flash the bios to H4 or H5 and install the 5600g.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The motherboard will not ship with a BIOS that is compatible with 5000 series Ryzen, but it should be compatible via a beta BIOS. Look on MSI's webpage for the appropriate version required.

Since you can basically flash any version you need with this, there's no problem. You just need a USB drive to contain the BIOS version

Thx! Is it possible to do something wrong that i can damage my pc in any way? Im also concerned about that.

1 minute ago, Norri said:

Thx! Is it possible to do something wrong that i can damage my pc in any way? Im also concerned about that.

Usually with a BIOS flash, there is a chance that a failed flash could ruin the board, but the BIOS flash button is actually a protection against that. A failed flash can be corrected with another attempt with the BIOS flash button.

Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully, and flash the BIOS versions in the correct order, if multiple versions are required.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad