NAMES CHANGES 😥

Sagnik Pandit

Hey Guys,373025859_Screenshot(44).thumb.png.e5478068aac1b51aaf26863b54316a1b.png

I got a laptop running windows 10 pro. the windows was glitching so decided for a fresh reinstall i re installed the windows in my laptop and after reinstalling everything was running smooth until i installed VMware and gave it the permission to play with my drive. And it made changes to my keyboard driver. And i wasn't able to use my keyboard properly as I did a fresh install I decide to reset my machine to solve the drive issue . After resetting everything worked good and for weeks now i am not facing any problem. But the problem lies in Resetting windows 10 as i reset the windows it didn't ask for my name and it just picked my name from my microsoft account. My name is SAGNIK but in windows it show only sagni i tried to change it but i was unable.

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (47).png

1 hour ago, Sagnik Pandit said:

Hey Guys,373025859_Screenshot(44).thumb.png.e5478068aac1b51aaf26863b54316a1b.png

I got a laptop running windows 10 pro. the windows was glitching so decided for a fresh reinstall i re installed the windows in my laptop and after reinstalling everything was running smooth until i installed VMware and gave it the permission to play with my drive. And it made changes to my keyboard driver. And i wasn't able to use my keyboard properly as I did a fresh install I decide to reset my machine to solve the drive issue . After resetting everything worked good and for weeks now i am not facing any problem. But the problem lies in Resetting windows 10 as i reset the windows it didn't ask for my name and it just picked my name from my microsoft account. My name is SAGNIK but in windows it show only sagni i tried to change it but i was unable.

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (47).png

Assuming you want to change username on windows 10:

Settings > Account > Swap to local account

This will allow you to setup a local account with your prefered name

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switch-your-windows-10-device-to-a-local-account-eb7e78a9-88ee-9bc3-8f06-831b56e339fd (3rd party, not ltt forum)

1. Save all your work.
  2. In Start , select Settings  > Accounts  > Your info 
  3. Select Sign in with a local account instead.

-Will

1 hour ago, WillLTT said:

Assuming you want to change username on windows 10:

Settings > Account > Swap to local account

This will allow you to setup a local account with your prefered name

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switch-your-windows-10-device-to-a-local-account-eb7e78a9-88ee-9bc3-8f06-831b56e339fd (3rd party, not ltt forum)

-Will

i tried but it didn't worked

41 minutes ago, Sagnik Pandit said:

i tried but it didn't worked

Im going to need more context than that to help you 😃, Any error messages? Why does it not work? What is bot working?

1. Is the button for that missing?
  2. Is it displaying an errorcode?
  3. Is it changing it then changing it back? 

What exactly does not work?

Is it that you cant login as the Sagnik user, or is the Sagnik user displaying "sagni"? 

-Will

7 hours ago, WillLTT said:

Im going to need more context than that to help you 😃, Any error messages? Why does it not work? What is bot working?

1. Is the button for that missing?
  2. Is it displaying an errorcode?
  3. Is it changing it then changing it back? 

What exactly does not work?

Is it that you cant login as the Sagnik user, or is the Sagnik user displaying "sagni"? 

-Will

Sagnik user displaying "sagni"    

No error messages is there just the username is wrong 

If you user account is associated with a Microsoft account, the user folder name will be the first five letters of that account's email.

Why is this a problem exactly?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

44 minutes ago, Middcore said:

If you user account is associated with a Microsoft account, the user folder name will be the first five letters of that account's email.

ok, now i got to know why my full name is not showing only the first 5 letters of name is showing but not all the 6 letters. Can you tell me how to fix it 

1 minute ago, Sagnik Pandit said:

ok, now i got to know why my full name is not showing only the first 5 letters of name is showing but not all the 6 letters. Can you tell me how to fix it 

You can't.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/windows-10-tip-customize-your-user-profile-folder-name/

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

47 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Because some users prefer full control of the file system on their device for various reasons. It's not up to Microsoft or Apple to tell me how to store my files. That's my choice and I should be able to select this upon installation.

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't provide that option if you setup an account as a Microsoft Account during account creation, so @Sagnik Pandit will probably have to create a second user account as a Local Account, then move everything over to that account.

I believe there is/was a way to re-map your user folder in the registry, however, I would not recommend monkeying with this for any user accounts connected to a Microsoft Account as I'm not sure if it breaks certain things or not.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Because some users prefer full control of the file system on their device for various reasons. It's not up to Microsoft or Apple to tell me how to store my files. That's my choice and I should be able to select this upon installation.

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't provide that option if you setup an account as a Microsoft Account during account creation, so @Sagnik Pandit will probably have to create a second user account as a Local Account, then move everything over to that account.

I believe there is/was a way to re-map your user folder in the registry, however, I would not recommend monkeying with this for any user accounts connected to a Microsoft Account as I'm not sure if it breaks certain things or not.

hmm, it @kirashiits seems like lot of stuff but i guess i will make it. Remapping everything becomes so difficult. 

19 hours ago, Sagnik Pandit said:

Screenshot (46).png

As you can see there is a sagnik user directory, so windows might complain there's sagnik user already.

Its probably wise to look whats inside it then let windows possibly overwrite it when it creates another user.

2 hours ago, WillLTT said:

As you can see there is a sagnik user directory, so windows might complain there's sagnik user already.

Its probably wise to look whats inside it then let windows possibly overwrite it when it creates another user.

Screenshot (48).png