Second monitor turns off randomly and first monitor freezes, for about 10 or 15 seconds at a time.

rjd

This could also be a problem with my graphics card as well I think.

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

How frequently does it happen? Multiple times per day? Only when you turn the computer on? And do you have to turn the second monitor back on for it to work? Sounds like more of a power problem than GPU problem to me.

multiple times a day, then it womt happen for a few days. no it goes back to normal after 10 or so seconds. it could be a gpu problem bc my 1070 is quite old and i used it to mine for a while.

2 minutes ago, rjd said:

multiple times a day, then it womt happen for a few days. no it goes back to normal after 10 or so seconds. it could be a gpu problem bc my 1070 is quite old and i used it to mine for a while.

OK. Try using only the 2nd monitor, does it fix the issue? If you use only the first? If you switch the port they are plugged into does anything change? Do you have another PC or a laptop or a TV box or something else you could plug into the monitor to test if the same thing happens?

It does sound like a gpu problem tbh. First though I would recommend trying what I said above, then using DDU to completely wipe all drivers and reinstall. If that doesn't fix it, it's a broken GPU.

Hope I could help!

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

OK. Try using only the 2nd monitor, does it fix the issue? If you use only the first? If you switch the port they are plugged into does anything change? Do you have another PC or a laptop or a TV box or something else you could plug into the monitor to test if the same thing happens?

It does sound like a gpu problem tbh. First though I would recommend trying what I said above, then using DDU to completely wipe all drivers and reinstall. If that doesn't fix it, it's a broken GPU.

Hope I could help!

already tried the driver thing a few times. i cant plug into a different port bc my gpu only has one displayport and dvi port, the rest are hdmi. ill try the other things though. thank you for your help 🙂