Dead GPU Shroud, not just fans but the whole plastic bit, HELP?

Bombyx

So I have this couple year old Sapphire RX 580 Nitro + 4GB, and it's working fine. I can still game properly and with 60+ fps on older games.

But the shroud thingy as a whole is dead, the fan is dead, and the sapphire logo is also R.I.P

I can solve this by attaching fans on the sink, but thats not aesthetically pleasing, amirite.

I'm reaching out to you guys to find out if you people have met similar issues, and how did you solve it?

I've taken some steps.

-Reinstall AMD Drivers

-Reinstall Sapphire TRIXX software

-Rollback to previous driver(s) even DDU-ed it.

-Reinstall Windows (yelp, thanks a lot)

-Checking wires

No Cigar

I have seen it once or twice powering up, but for a moment only before the MSi logo (motherboard is B450M Gaming Plus) is displayed.

so I believe it's something software related.

I've replaced the paste with cryonaut recently (and working super after that) so temps is not a big worry right now and the GPU is smart enough to keep it under 85 and I don't game that heavy, but if I do game once or twice, I'd lower my settings.

I'm just a student, so buying another GPU is out of the question. 

Thank you for reading my thread, I cant find a problem like mine out there, so I'm well stuck.

Just now, Bombyx said:

I've replaced the paste with cryonaut recently (and working super after that) so temps is not a big worry right now and the GPU is smart enough to keep it under 85 and I don't game that heavy, but if I do game once or twice, I'd lower my settings.

Just now, Bombyx said:

But the shroud thingy as a whole is dead, the fan is dead, and the sapphire logo is also R.I.P

Since both the glowing logo and the fans aren't working I'd check if this connector is properly plugged in:

image.png.09c4071dc5b2b19978bed12c7b5b707b.png

Best part you don't even have to take the card apart to check it heh.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

22 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Since both the glowing logo and the fans aren't working I'd check if this connector is properly plugged in:

I believe I have checked that before, lemme rip it out real quick.

1 hour ago, Biohazard777 said:

@Biohazard777so uh, I tried that. I even gently push the female pins to ensure its all connected. still no progress. Thank you for trying tho.

Could be broken traces on that area of the PCB, was there evidence of this card being "opened" before?

1 minute ago, Bombyx said:

@Biohazard777so uh, I tried that. I even gently push the female pins to ensure its all connected. still no progress. Thank you for trying tho.

Dang it, I was hoping it would be simple. Now you either have a physical problem with the card (like @FrodoX570suggested) or it really is some software bug.
For the software part I can't help much, don't have that GPU at hand.
If it is a physical problem... well you would have to get a multimeter and do some measuring to diagnose the problem, not rocket science but requires some knowledge about electronics to get it diagnosed.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet