Any hearing impaired gamers on this forum?

Sharkie580

Title basically says it all, I was just curious to see and there were any and if so, how do you game? 

After taking Sign Language classes, and hanging out with lots of deaf people,

the answer is probably just normally... Maybe with subtitles.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I have difficulty with my left ear at times. been like that for a few years due to a series of ear infections. 

How do I cope with it? Turn up my headphones.

I don't consider it hearing impaired but that's my solution I suppose :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I normally just sick my hearing aids on and put my headphones sort of half on my ear and half on my hearing aids, if that makes sense.

I wouldn't say I'm hearing impaired but I've been in an out of hospital and doctors offices having 30 ear infections within the space of 12 months and 2 grommet installs for both ears and a myringoplasty (ear drum reconstruction with a skin tissue graft) in my right. So now 'a' days the sound signature in my right ear is completely different than on my left and there's almost no low frequency response. 

With iem's either in 1 ear or the other it's pretty strange, but my brain does a pretty neat job of reconstructing the sounds that I should be hearing as a whole for the missing frequencies in my right. So most of the time I don't notice it :P

As for gaming my right ear is not as good at picking up footsteps which can often get me killed if I'm not paying a whole lot of attention. 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Title basically says it all, I was just curious to see and there were any and if so, how do you game? 

I've made myself hard to hearing, too much sound whoring in counterstrike :P

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

i personally believe all the people i play with online are hearing impaired

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i personally believe all the people i play with online are hearing impaired

I believe that's called 'selective hearing' :D

When Im looking at series or movies I read lips and/or use subtitles.

When Im gaming I just imagine how it would sound since my hearing is about zero.

I really wish I had good hearing because I love how the bass is feeling so I would like to hear the sounds to.

Not hearing impaired but visually impaired. I have bit trouble in FPS games and it really shows on fast paced games like CoD. But BF series has been easy. Only some maps with lots of forest areas and tall grass are difficult to spot opponents.

I know there's Audio version available of certain games like CoD:MW series.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

After a long metal festival, my right ear was blown out and significantly quieter. I used windows to turn my left ear down to even it out until my ear fixed itself

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

My left ear can't hear as well as my right ear due to a playground accident when I was young(the story was kinda instant karma)

Not hearing impaired but visually impaired. I have bit trouble in FPS games and it really shows on fast paced games like CoD. But BF series has been easy. Only some maps with lots of forest areas and tall grass are difficult to spot opponents.

I know there's Audio version available of certain games like CoD:MW series.

I got a friend who's color blind and is ridiculously good at fps games because he can spot movement easily. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^