Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, my laptop currently has a 256gb SATA SSD M.2280 installed. I want to UPGRADE it to a 1TB NVME SSD M.2280.

I was wondering if its possible to do so, the SSD SLOT has an M key only (see picture) 

Thanks for the help!

 

219781020_158176523065575_1112747562570947048_n.thumb.jpg.6d2a2c27bd4044586773c08a438c8861.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, demwell said:

I was wondering if its possible to do so, the SSD SLOT has an M key only (see picture) 

Thanks for the help!

The question is if it's a SATA only slot,

If it is then NVME won't be compatible with it.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to look in the manual or the technical specifications for your laptop model  (you can download manual from laptop maker website) and see if they say nvme (pci-e based) SSDs are supported. 

If they are, then you should be fine with a 1 TB nvme SSD. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

how can I know if its SATA only? I cant find anything on the net. its a ROG GL503

I mean the SSD slot only has 1 notch (which is a NVME type)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, demwell said:

how can I know if its SATA only? I cant find anything on the net. its a ROG GL503

I mean the SSD slot only has 1 notch (which is a NVME type)

does the current ssd work? that u have in that slot in the pic

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zeroXD_03 said:

does the current ssd work? that u have in that slot in the pic

 

the SSD works, its the SSD that came with the laptop. I just want to make sure if it can support a NVME type of SSD since an SSD is not at all cheap (atleast for me)

Link to post
Share on other sites

You got the answer, don't be lazy and download the manual and find out if your laptop supports both types of SSDs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, demwell said:

the SSD works, its the SSD that came with the laptop. I just want to make sure if it can support a NVME type of SSD since an SSD is not at all cheap (atleast for me)

M.2 Interface, Key and Socket explained it can support a NVME type of SSD

u curently have m.2 sata interface (which looks like the 2nd ssd in image)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zeroXD_03 said:

M.2 Interface, Key and Socket explained it can support a NVME type of SSD

u curently have m.2 sata interface (which looks like the 2nd ssd in image)

 

Thanks! big help. I just wanted to be sure

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×