Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Difference between these two sticks of ram ( 3200 CL16 V 3600 CL18)

3600 MHz is faster, and CL16 @ 3200 is the same absolute latency (10ns) as CL18 @ 3600, so they are equal in terms of latency. In this case the 3600 would be (slightly) better.

 

~edit: However the sticks you linked are both 3200 or rather the exact same product?

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

3600 MHz is faster, and CL16 @ 3200 is the same absolute latency (10ns) as CL18 @ 3600, so they are equal in terms of latency. In this case the 3600 would be (slightly) better.

 

~edit: However the sticks you linked are both 3200 or rather the exact same product?

Oh crap my bad. 

 

Could you tell me what the difference is between these (Which all cost different amounts and are listed as different even though specs are the same) 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/nnmFf7/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-sl-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-cl18-memory-cmh16gx4m2d3600c18

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/WH9tt6/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-cl18-memory-cmw16gx4m2z3600c18 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/wVdrxr/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-sl-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-cl18-memory-cmh16gx4m2z3600c18

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/XWGnTW/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-cmw16gx4m2d3600c18

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/DcNv6h/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3600-memory-cmw16gx4m2c3600c18 

 

And this one (3200, CLS of 16)

 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/QDhKHx/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-cmw16gx4m2c3200c16

 

thanks a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Josh -_- said:

If you look at the part numbers, you can see they some have a slight variance (links to official specs from Corsair):

 

CMH16GX4M2D3600C18 – default: 2133MHz, CL 15-15-15-36 – XMP: 3600MHz, CL 18-22-22-42

CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18 – default: 2666MHz, CL 18-18-18-43 – XMP: 3600MHz, CL 18-22-22-42

CMW16GX4M2C3600C18 – default: 2133MHz, CL 15-15-15-36 – XMP: 3600MHz, CL 18-19-19-39

 

As you can see there's a slight difference in their JEDEC specs and/or the latency in their XMP configuration. The last one has slightly lower secondary latencies. You're not going to notice any difference outside of synthetic benchmarks, if then. So pick whichever is cheapest

 

9 hours ago, Josh -_- said:

CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 – default: 2133MHz, CL 15-15-15-36 – XMP: 3200MHz, CL 16-18-18-36

 

As I said above, it has a slightly lower transfer speed (3200 MT/s vs 3600 MT/s), but the latency is essentially the same. Latency is measured in clock cycles, so more clock cycles at a higher speed may take as long as less clock cycles at a lower speed. CL16 @ 3200 MT/s translates to 10 nanoseconds. CL 18 @ 3600 MT/s also translates to 10 nanoseconds. So no difference there.

 

You're not going to notice a difference in most games and if you do, we're talking maybe a 5% difference at most.

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

If you look at the part numbers, you can see they some have a slight variance (links to official specs from Corsair):

 

CMH16GX4M2D3600C18 – default: 2133MHz, CL 15-15-15-36 – XMP: 3600MHz, CL 18-22-22-42

CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18 – default: 2666MHz, CL 18-18-18-43 – XMP: 3600MHz, CL 18-22-22-42

CMW16GX4M2C3600C18 – default: 2133MHz, CL 15-15-15-36 – XMP: 3600MHz, CL 18-19-19-39

 

As you can see there's a slight difference in their JEDEC specs and/or the latency in their XMP configuration. The last one has slightly lower secondary latencies. You're not going to notice any difference outside of synthetic benchmarks, if then. So pick whichever is cheapest

 

CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 – default: 2133MHz, CL 15-15-15-36 – XMP: 3200MHz, CL 16-18-18-36

 

As I said above, it has a slightly lower transfer speed (3200 MT/s vs 3600 MT/s), but the latency is essentially the same. Latency is measured in clock cycles, so more clock cycles at a higher speed may take as long as less clock cycles at a lower speed. CL16 @ 3200 MT/s translates to 10 nanoseconds. CL 18 @ 3600 MT/s also translates to 10 nanoseconds. So no difference there.

 

You're not going to notice a difference in most games and if you do, we're talking maybe a 5% difference at most.

So just get the cheapest one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Josh -_- said:

So just get the cheapest one?

Assuming you prefer using your computer over benchmarking it, then yes. You're not going to actually notice a difference between DDR4-3600 18-19-19-39 and DDR4-3600 18-22-22-42 when sitting at the computer without a synthetic number telling you that one is faster than the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

Assuming you prefer using your computer over benchmarking it, then yes. You're not going to actually notice a difference between DDR4-3600 18-19-19-39 and DDR4-3600 18-22-22-42 when sitting at the computer without a synthetic number telling you that one is faster than the other.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×