nvdia GT940M (display glitch and error)

My Laptop : HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab219tx 

i5-5200U 

NVIDIA GeForce 940M (2 GB DDR3L dedicated)

- 8gb ram

Basically, I was in the middle of the game. Everything runs perfectly  all in a sudden the output go wrong. I have reinstall the driver, reformat window. Nothing change.

* Only gameplay are affected !!   

** Tasks like browser and basic tasks are not affected. Only gaming and nvdia experience program.

The only game i play is LOL ( league of legend). Now I have disable the graphics card (gt940M) now I play using intel graphics (crappy graphics).

Any suggestion?? 

pic2.png

pic3.png

pic1.png

Runs ok with iGPU but discrete graphics not working well is bad news in a laptop generally. It’s an old machine. Could be some age or wear related thing. Some of those are DIY fixable.  How are your gpu temps?  I’m wondering if the paste has dried out and isn’t cooling the GPU correctly anymore or something.  There are other possibles.  A repaste just happens to be cheap is all. Another thing old laptops oftenbenefit from is a good dusting. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Runs ok with iGPU but discrete graphics not working well is bad news in a laptop generally. It’s an old machine. Could be some age or wear related thing. Some of those are DIY fixable.  How are your gpu temps?  I’m wondering if the paste has dried out and isn’t cooling the GPU correctly anymore or something.  There are other possibles.  A repaste just happens to be cheap is all. Another thing old laptops oftenbenefit from is a good dusting. 

The temp heat normally. the paste still new. I changed it like 6 month ago