Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ridiculous Fps or Am I Stupid?

I'm getting around 90 fps in GTA V with all low graphics and a low graphic texture pack and I have a 2080 Super with a Ryzen 7 3700x. Am I stupid or is this ridiculously low??? I'm asking this because I would like to achieve at least 144 fps to match my monitors refresh rate. Please Help!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

GN capped out at 108fps on a 3700X and a 2080tie.  That was a clear CPU bind as the same 2080tie with a 9900k was hitting 130fps.

 

 

I think you've just hit the limit of the CPU frame through put.  No amount of graphics settings tweeking will change that.  Sorry 

 

 With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, StolenHoodie said:

I'm getting around 90 fps in GTA V with all low graphics and a low graphic texture pack and I have a 2080 Super with a Ryzen 7 3700x. Am I stupid or is this ridiculously low??? I'm asking this because I would like to achieve at least 144 fps to match my monitors refresh rate. Please Help!!!

that is ridiculously low. when i had my r5 3600 2080super build i got way higher on 1080p ultra ( however if you are running 4k, that could be why). assuming that you are running 1080p or 1440p, go to nvidia control panel-----manage 3d settings----- scroll down till you find power management mode and set it to prefer maximum performance and apply. then open your control panel and go to your power options and set your power plan to high performance or ultimate performance, even balanced should do fine. make sure your memory is running at its specified speed by enabling XMP/DOCP in your bios

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

GN capped out at 108fps on a 3700X and a 2080tie.  That was a clear CPU bind as the same 2080tie with a 9900k was hitting 130fps.

 

 

I think you've just hit the limit of the CPU frame through put.  No amount of graphics settings tweeking will change that.  Sorry 

 

hmm thats weird cuz i remember getting higher than 90 in story mode with ultra using a 2080s. unless he is talking about online which is way more demanding 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

hmm thats weird cuz i remember getting higher than 90 in story mode with ultra using a 2080s. unless he is talking about online which is way more demanding 

GN test offline

 With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also i forgot to say, some areas are more demanding than others so that 90 fps you mentioned could be normal depending on where you are and which gamemode are you playing (story mode or online)

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

that is ridiculously low. when i had my r5 3600 2080super build i got way higher on 1080p ultra ( however if you are running 4k, that could be why). assuming that you are running 1080p or 1440p, go to nvidia control panel-----manage 3d settings----- scroll down till you find power management mode and set it to prefer maximum performance and apply. then open your control panel and go to your power options and set your power plan to high performance or ultimate performance, even balanced should do fine. make sure your memory is running at its specified speed by enabling XMP/DOCP in your bios

I run at 1080p and i've even done every performance option in GeForce control panel, my ram is 3600mhz speed but when i try and run that my PC goes into bootloop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, StolenHoodie said:

I run at 1080p and i've even done every performance option in GeForce control panel, my ram is 3600mhz speed but when i try and run that my PC goes into bootloop.

thats weird whats your mobo? i had the same issue using a b550 tomahawk but updating the bios and putting my sticks in a certain order fixed it, however now if i switch the order of the sticks it still works fine. could just be the mobo acting up but make sure you have the latest bios

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

thats weird whats your mobo? i had the same issue using a b550 tomahawk but updating the bios and putting my sticks in a certain order fixed it, however now if i switch the order of the sticks it still works fine. could just be the mobo acting up but make sure you have the latest bios

I got a MSI b450 Tomahawk Max and I got the most recent bios when I bought my pc in July 2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

thats weird whats your mobo? i had the same issue using a b550 tomahawk but updating the bios and putting my sticks in a certain order fixed it, however now if i switch the order of the sticks it still works fine. could just be the mobo acting up but make sure you have the latest bios

I could try flipping the sticks but I dont know how much that would do, I use all 4 stick slots btw so dont know if that would change anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, StolenHoodie said:

I got a MSI b450 Tomahawk Max and I got the most recent bios when I bought my pc in July 2020

yep i had that too in my build and it caused issues with high speed memory 3733mhz like my pc crashing.

 

5 minutes ago, StolenHoodie said:

I could try flipping the sticks but I dont know how much that would do, I use all 4 stick slots btw so dont know if that would change anything.

i also use 4 sticks so give it a try but before you do that i want to ask if its not running at 3600mhz, what is it running at? if its running at for example 3200mhz then i think you're good there will be no need to change anything, even 3000mhz would be fine but lower than that could decrease your fps due to decreased cpu performance. ryzen prefers faster memory and gta is a cpu intensive game so that could be the reason why. also is there any other game that you dont get the expected frames on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

yep i had that too in my build and it caused issues with high speed memory 3733mhz like my pc crashing.

 

i also use 4 sticks so give it a try but before you do that i want to ask if its not running at 3600mhz, what is it running at? if its running at for example 3200mhz then i think you're good there will be no need to change anything, even 3000mhz would be fine but lower than that could decrease your fps due to decreased cpu performance. ryzen prefers faster memory and gta is a cpu intensive game so that could be the reason why. also is there any other game that you dont get the expected frames on?

I run at 3200mhz so yeah I believe I'm in the clear. But yeah I do find myself not achieving the amount of frames desired in some other games too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StolenHoodie said:

I run at 3200mhz so yeah I believe I'm in the clear. But yeah I do find myself not achieving the amount of frames desired in some other games too.

then its not the memory. id say try making sure your temps are ok first and foremost on you gpu and cpu. also try playing your games on an ssd rather than a HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

then its not the memory. id say try making sure your temps are ok first and foremost on you gpu and cpu. also try playing your games on an ssd rather than a HDD

My temps seem to be fine, as I set my case and gpu fans to run at max rpm. But its gotten even worse, I launch GTA and ride around for a bit and I'm getting average 53 fps with all graphics settings on low and off for most of the graphics. I'm seriously stumped and don't know what's causing it. Also, I deleted GTA from my HDD and ran it from my SSD, same problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StolenHoodie said:

My temps seem to be fine, as I set my case and gpu fans to run at max rpm. But its gotten even worse, I launch GTA and ride around for a bit and I'm getting average 53 fps with all graphics settings on low and off for most of the graphics. I'm seriously stumped and don't know what's causing it. Also, I deleted GTA from my HDD and ran it from my SSD, same problem

That is very weird. Can you run a 3dmark timespy test with all background apps disabled and send here the result? Just maje sure nothing is using your cpu or gpu because that can affect the score

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×