My first genuine motherboard failure (I think)

Alright, after 4 years well served, my Asus B350-f Gaming mobo finally let me down... I think. A few weeks ago I bought a GTX 970 on ebay for a friend and tested it in my PC beforehand to make sure it was stable. ever since then I would get random BSOD every 20 minutes to an hour with stopcodes "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" or "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP". I thought this was a ram issue so I RMA'd my ram with Corsair (Vengence RGB Pro 3000mhz) but no improvement. I start moving dimms to different slots and found slot 4 specifically is unstable. moved each dimm to slots 1 and 3 and while my PC is now stable, i'm capped at 2133mhz and there is a static yellow LED on the mobo and i'm not sure what to do from here. My 1700x has been rock solid for me since I got it and have no intentions of upgrading especially in this market. Is my motherboard dead or is there anything else I can do to remedy my ram speed?

(yes I have the fake dimm lighting kit. it's still a 8x2gb kit. don't judge, it hasn't made any difference in stability from what I can tell)

20210728_195742.jpg.d5bd09b912dde19d131c7936bfc028a0.jpg

12 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

don't judge

I wouldnt judge it if only it were single colour and not rainbow puke tho '-'

Ive actually experienced this before but my ram slot was abit dusty so it malfunctioned

I was able to fix it by getting some 99% isopropyl alcohol and using a spray head or whatever you call em from those spray bottles i sprayed my ram slots, covered them in tissue and waited 24h and it works again

You may also want to dunk abit in your cpu socket cause ive also found that when i ram error the cpu socket might be dirty so i tend to dunk some isopropyl on it and after waiting it works again

And yes as long as you dont turn your pc on isopropyl alcohol is safe

Oh yea just realised that ive been doing this dunking without even removing the cmos battery, my boards still work but thats prob just because my decade old boards are just as bulletproof as my cpus

I suggest removing the cmos battery when doing this

You try resetting/reflashing BIOS?

Try reseating CPU?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

12 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

You try resetting/reflashing BIOS?

Try reseating CPU?

BIOS has been on the latest version for a few months now, Reseated the CPU but no dice.