new (old) laptop

I'm getting a new laptop have a few options idk which one I should get they are all the top of the line models but there are 2 Toshiba tecra z40 14" 1080p core i7 5600u 32 gb ram and both ssd and hdd they both have fan issues, but there is also  a 2018 hp pavilion Core i7-8550U 1.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, B&O Play Dual Speakers, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX. last option 2009 dell office laptop not sure of specs again or model which one would be best for light gaming until I can get a new pc

12 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

last option 2009 dell office laptop not sure of specs again or model which one would be best for light gaming until I can get a new pc

I could never recommend a 2009 laptop. Especially not for gaming. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, tkitch said:

without actually giving us specs, nobody can tell you what's good

updated specs

5 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

updated specs

What kinda of light gaming?

And out of these the 2018 hp with the 8550u is obviously the best.

20 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

I'm getting a new laptop have a few options idk which one I should get they are all the top of the line models but there are 2 Toshiba tecra z40 14" 1080p core i7 5600u 32 gb ram and both ssd and hdd they both have fan issues, but there is also  a 2018 hp pavilion Core i7-8550U 1.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, B&O Play Dual Speakers, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX. last option 2009 dell office laptop not sure of specs again or model which one would be best for light gaming until I can get a new pc

Seems like the 2018 hp pavilion is the better option. as the cpu is a lot better and the gpu also looks like it is better

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

What kinda of light gaming?

And out of these the 2018 hp with the 8550u is obviously the best.

fortnite, csgo, warzone, Minecraft, Forza horizon 4, gamepass games fallout 3, and 4

5 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

fortnite, csgo, warzone, Minecraft, Forza horizon 4, gamepass games fallout 3, and 4

Part from cs:go, minecraft and fallout that is NOT LIGHT GAMING. Fornite sure that can still go 60 at 720p lowest but anything else is at best 720p 30fps territory here.

You need to get a different laptop here these are not it. These are office machines meant for long battery life.

1 hour ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

Without a graphics card, modern AAA titles are barely playable unless your standards for playable are quite low

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

54 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Without a graphics card, modern AAA titles are barely playable unless your standards for playable are quite low

It has a 940mx in it which is well yeah not good and basically current gen intel igpu performance not even.

Just now, jaslion said:

It has a 940mx in it which is well yeah not good and basically current gen intel igpu performance not even.

Yeah I've used one, it was quite painful.

It's also surprising that the models that were equipped with a 980M are still either insanely expensive or have all died.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Yeah I've used one, it was quite painful.

It's also surprising that the models that were equipped with a 980M are still either insanely expensive or have all died.

Yeah the 980m and full 980 laptops were kinda not ready for their cards and are dead or the ones that were handling them ok stay expensive basically because there is no others pushing the price down and SOMEONE keeps buying them for some reason even tho newer cheaper better options are a thing.