PC Won't go over 100Mbps, can't figure out why...

I recently went from 100Mbps up/down (fiber) to 1Gbps;
However my Computer isn't getting that speed, no matter what i do it's stuck at 100Mbps;

from what i know, it could be the Router, the Cable, or my computer.
The cable is Cat5e that they installed, so i don't think it would be limited to 100Mbps?
The router is putting out 1Gbps or close as i can get close enough to that on my phone/wifi. (And it is a gigabit router, a super expensive one at that) [isp provided]
My computer should be able to get 1Gbps as i have a motherboard with a gigabit port, and i even bought a Gigabit Pcie card, but yet it's all stuck at 100Mbps still....

All my network drivers are up to date.
I tried setting it to 1Gbps full duplex as maybe auto negotiation was messing up, but still stuck at 100Mbps...
also turned off some features i thought could be interfering, like "auto disable gigabit", "energy-effecient ethernet", "green ethernet", "power saving mode"

My motherboard is a B450 Tomahawk Max, and the gigabit card i bought was a EDUP PCIE (model "ep9602")

Please, if anyone could help me figure this out, it would be greatly appreciated... At the moment my only solution is that i ordered a 5ghz Long range wifi card, so hopefully i could get over 100Mbps on that...

My network status:
1.PNG.72d246a209eea7a18f06f767c356b70c.PNG

My Computer's speed test:
2.PNG.97827edbb2cb34436df57c672e0e61a4.PNG

My Phone's 5Ghz speed test:
Screenshot_20210727-194935_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.fc9a3b564c6d24e1854e013673e114a7.jpg

1 minute ago, Neko_UwU said:

he cable is Cat5e that they installed, so

Id try a new cable. All 8 conductors are needed for Gigabit. If even one is damaged then the cable will default down to 100 Mbps as only 4 conductors are needed for that. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

did u check if ALL LAN ports on the router is capable of gigabit?

some of the routers have certain ports that are only capable of 100Mbps

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Donut417 said:

Id try a new cable. All 8 conductors are needed for Gigabit. If even one is damaged then the cable will default down to 100 Mbps as only 4 conductors are needed for that. 

I was hoping that wasn't the case, as it's installed outside of my house like 20ft in the air (from 1st floor to 2nd), i wonder if i could contact my ISP and ask if they could check the cable? though they probably wouldn't do anything except say i damaged it somehow... as whenever i called asking why my computer was still getting the old internet speed, they said "it shows here your computer only gets 100Mbps, it must be an older computer" which made me mad, lol

i could maybe get them to give me an estimate on running a new cable though, i would hope that wouldn't be too expensive 

(Thanks for answering/replying btw)

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

I havn't, though i did call them and ask why i wasn't getting the speed i paid for, they said "the computer in port 1?" and i said yeah, then they said my computer is only capable of 100Mbps, but maybe they didn't know i had their router, but i'll go check the other ports now 😮 (Thanks for helping btw)

2 minutes ago, Neko_UwU said:

installed outside of my house like 20ft in the air

Id assume that the cabling outside is Fiber. If that was damaged you get no internet. That Fiber cable should be connected to an ONT or Internet gateway (ONT/Router). From there you would connect Ethernet to that. Im not sure how things are done in your country. But here in the US the ISP is responsible for the cabling delivering the internet and any equipment they supply you. Ive never heard of an ISP running Ethernet outdoors to connect a customer. Generally that cable is Coax, Fiber or Phone line. 

More than likely the networking cable or equipment you have is 100Mb only. You would have to check your equipment such as router/AP, switch, and Modem to make sure you have equipment capable of outputting a GB connection, same with all of the cables connecting the equipment. The cabling running from outside to inside your home shouldn't be a problem, most likely it is the equipment inside of your home.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Just checked it, it's the same on all my ports 😞 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Id assume that the cabling outside is Fiber. If that was damaged you get no internet. That Fiber cable should be connected to an ONT or Internet gateway (ONT/Router). From there you would connect Ethernet to that. Im not sure how things are done in your country. But here in the US the ISP is responsible for the cabling delivering the internet and any equipment they supply you. Ive never heard of an ISP running Ethernet outdoors to connect a customer. Generally that cable is Coax, Fiber or Phone line. 

We have a fiber cable going to a box in the backyard, however they ran the ethernet cord out the kitchen wall, then up the side of the house to my bedroom and drilled a hole for it, i guess it was shorter then going up all the stairs and all that

Just checked it, it's the same on all my ports 😞 

do you have other LAN cables that u can test it with?

maybe move your desktop nearer for testing purposes and try different shorter cables

It is possible it is the computer depending on age and the motherboard, if you could list your computer specs we should be able to rule that out.

Edit: I see the specs were previously listed, your board should be able to use a GB connection. So disregard this reply.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

We have a fiber cable going to a box in the backyard, however they ran the ethernet cord out the kitchen wall, then up the side of the house to my bedroom and drilled a hole for it, i guess it was shorter then going up all the stairs and all that

Dont you have a router in your home? The Ethernet from the router to the computer is what I was talking about. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Dont you have a router in your home? The Ethernet from the router to the computer is what I was talking about. 

Yes... That ethernet goes from the router, out the kitchen wall, then up the side of the house, in a hole they drilled, inside my room into my PC

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

do you have other LAN cables that u can test it with?

maybe move your desktop nearer for testing purposes and try different shorter cables

My computer is a beefy boi, it would take a lot to move it downstairs, i might buy a large ethernet cable though, or call them and ask if they could come check it.

55154027_20210727_201354(1).jpg

Yes... That ethernet goes out the kitchen wall, then up the side of the house, in a hole they drilled, inside my room into my PC

You'll need to check your modem and router to see if they are gigabit compatible. Most likely your ISP installed 100Mb equipment, some do this to cut down on costs(if the user is not purchasing a higher package), if that is the case yourself or the ISP will have to replace it with gigabit equipment.

My computer is a beefy boi, it would take a lot to move it downstairs, i might buy a large ethernet cable though, or call them and ask if they could come check it.

55154027_20210727_201354(1).jpg

You may try to move the router to you, just the router and few Ethernet cables, at least see if you get gigabit connection between the PC and the router on adapter settings that u screenshotted

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

You'll need to check your modem and router to see if they are gigabit compatible. Most likely your ISP installed 100Mb equipment, some do this to cut down on costs, if that is the case yourself or the ISP will have to replace it with gigabit equipment.

it's a gigabit router "calix Gigacenter 844g-1"

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

You'll need to check your modem and router to see if they are gigabit compatible. Most likely your ISP installed 100Mb equipment, some do this to cut down on costs, if that is the case yourself or the ISP will have to replace it with gigabit equipment.

Seems unlikely if its doing 554Mbit over WiFi.  Never seen a router that has a Gigabit WAN port, can do 554Mbit over WiFi then only has 100Mbit LAN ports, that would be weird.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

You may try to move the router to you, just the router and few Ethernet cables, at least see if you get gigabit connection between the PC and the router on adapter settings that u screenshotted

I'll probably call and ask if they could check the cable first, as if the end of the cable is messed up i would assume it would take them like 2 minutes to crimp a new one or however it works, i can't move the Router unless i want them to run a longer fiber wire run, as it was just enough to get to it's current mounting point

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

Seems unlikely if its doing 554Mbit over WiFi.  Never seen a router that has a Gigabit WAN port, can do 554Mbit over WiFi then only has 100Mbit LAN ports, that would be weird.

That's true, didn't think of that.

Sorry if i seem rude/ungrateful in my replies, i am grateful to you all for helping and giving suggestions

Just now, Neko_UwU said:

I'll probably call and ask if they could check the cable first, as if the end of the cable is messed up i would assume it would take them like 2 minutes to crimp a new one or however it works, i can't move the Router unless i want them to run a longer fiber wire run, as it was just enough to get to it's current mounting point

Just the router, to see if it's truly the cables

Don't need to connect to fibre to get gigabit between your PC and the router

it's a gigabit router "calix Gigacenter 844g-1"

Almost certainly the cable then.  I'd definitely test the computer directly into the router using a different cable just to confirm its not a problem with the network adapter on the PC though.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 7/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, Alex Atkin UK said:

Almost certainly the cable then.  I'd definitely test the computer directly into the router using a different cable just to confirm its not a problem with the network adapter on the PC though.

I just called my isp and they had to go through the whole shebang... like "restart the pc" "unplug the router for 10 seconds", then after i kept pushing how my computer is new/not old, and i have gigabit ports (as they want to blame my pc), i keep saying "i hear the cable could be damaged and it would be limited to 100mbps.... which is the speed i'm getting", they say "it's most likely cat5 cable" in which i said it's cat5e (as it's right to my left and i can read the cable); then he said "ahhh, yeah that cable is only meant for 100mbps, so if you wanted the higher speed (that you payed for), you would have to have us run a new cable (when we ran that cable in the first place).

Well he said it would be cheaper to buy my own ethernet online... but they installed it.... and routed it outside the house along the side of it up a story.... and if i wanted them to change it they would probably charge me

i told them to just downgrade me back to the 100mbps package.... i was like 99% sure it was the cable as well... as i know the router was putting out the speed, and i bought a gigabit ethernet card incase it was my MB.... also i'm pretty sure cat5e is up to 1gbps... unless they use some strange cables?

5 minutes ago, Neko_UwU said:

lso i'm pretty sure cat5e is up to 1gbps... unless they use some strange cables?

Cat5e is rated for 2.5 Gbps. So it should be able to easily do Gigabit. 

IF your ISP's phone support is anything like Comcast, they have poorly trained people who attempt to fix issue. These people are more in to sales than tech support. My aunt had issues with her service and Comcast tried to get her to switch from T Mobile to them for mobile phones. They dont give a fuck about helping the customer, all they care about is the money.