Laptop not charging/shuts down under load.

swoftt

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help and ideas on what might the problem with my laptop be ?? Most of the time, like 90-95% of the time everything is working fine but the issue is:

If the battery is inserted, when under heavy load the laptop will stop charging and will start running only off the battery, basically the power brick shuts down or some other protection is tripping.

If the battery is NOT inserted, then when under the same heavy load it will just shut down.

When i unplug and plug the charger back in it's fixed until the next power spike.

At first i thought it might be some issue with the touchpad because it was not working(maybe shorting something) and when i unplugged the touchpad the problem was relieved, what ever is happening will happen way more rarely, but will still happen ocasionally. For example the only way i've currently found of replicating the problem everytime is when booting windows 10, right before the login screen the laptop will stop charging or shut down depending on if the battery is inserted. When i unplugged the touchpad this stopped happening but will still happen from time to time playing games or when both gpu and cpu are under heavy load. The charged doesn't have a light for me to check if the charger is shutting down and also i kinda doubt it's the charger because i used a friend's charger to test(he has the same laptop).