Xbox One Controller buttons don't response after being inactive for about 10 mins

Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
18 minutes ago, LoppyDuck said:

Yeah I tried disabling bluetooth and then re-enable it.... it didn't work then I unpluged the dongle then tried again... still didn't work 😞 do I have to change the dongle now?

If you change the dongle buy the Microsoft one. Because it uses a proprietary wireless standard that should work better than Bluetooth. Or plug the controller in to the computer, that’s what I do. 

Hey I use a Xbox One Controller (the one with bluetooth).... I use it on my pc running Windows 10 Pro with a 3rd party bluetooth dongle.... so the problem is whenever I go afk or don't press any buttons on my controller for like 10-15 minutes it turns off itself, I know it's normal but after this when I turn it on again and connect via bluetooth the controller connects but doesn't respond.... I tried pressing every single button none of them work except the xbox button, it only open the xbox game bar.... So if I want to use my controller again I have to restart my pc every single time! this is so annoying! is there any solution to this?

5 minutes ago, LoppyDuck said:

Hey I use a Xbox One Controller (the one with bluetooth).... I use it on my pc running Windows 10 Pro with a 3rd party bluetooth dongle.... so the problem is whenever I go afk or don't press any buttons on my controller for like 10-15 minutes it turns off itself, I know it's normal but after this when I turn it on again and connect via bluetooth the controller connects but doesn't respond.... I tried pressing every single button none of them work except the xbox button, it only open the xbox game bar.... So if I want to use my controller again I have to restart my pc every single time! this is so annoying! is there any solution to this?

Try to disable Bluetooth and re enable Bluetooth. I find that Bluetooth on Windows 10 is meh at best. Had many issues with my Bluetooth headset that I bought a wired gaming headset for my PC and use Bluetooth exclusively with my Mac. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

19 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Try to disable Bluetooth and re enable Bluetooth. I find that Bluetooth on Windows 10 is meh at best. Had many issues with my Bluetooth headset that I bought a wired gaming headset for my PC and use Bluetooth exclusively with my Mac. 

I second this, Bluetooth is awful on Windows. (only other OS i use it on is Android and thats ok).
It lacks drivers, most USB dongles lack proper profiles etc.

If i connect my headset (stereo output only) and my controller that both lag like crazy while they dont on their own. (on phone works perfectly fine).

But this is all not very helpful.

You might be able to get a better Bluetooth experience using built in BT from a wifi card (like lots of notebooks use).

Or just a different USB BT dongle. I've tried like 5-6 or so among also that Asus one, and found the best use for me (mostly PS4 controller) is a Trust branded one.

(But i have to use a very good extension cable and put it just above my keyboard to not have range issues..

Hope this is a bit of info that can help you out. Besides what @Donut417 said ofcourse.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah I tried disabling bluetooth and then re-enable it.... it didn't work then I unpluged the dongle then tried again... still didn't work 😞 do I have to change the dongle now?

18 minutes ago, LoppyDuck said:

If you change the dongle buy the Microsoft one. Because it uses a proprietary wireless standard that should work better than Bluetooth. Or plug the controller in to the computer, that’s what I do. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.