Hard drive health

Wictorian

How much data can you write into a harddrive? And how do I monitor the health? I could only find software special for SSDs.

im pretty sure the TBW for a hard drive is fairly high, maybe not as high as ssds but they should last you pretty much years down the line before you need to change, just make sure you at minimum, annually do a backup of import data you may store on the drives:

also check out CrystalDiskInfo, it tells you the S.MA.R.T. information, both Modern Hard drives and SSDs are supported and are able to tell you their status, they also keep track of the gigabytes they written, I recommend checking that out if you wanna check the health every few times a month which is what I do since im worried about my laptop's ssd and it really helps me decide when's the best time to clone and change... (fortunately for me it will take a while before its needed)

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

2 hours ago, Wictorian said:

How much data can you write into a harddrive? And how do I monitor the health? I could only find software special for SSDs.

Exos drives are rated for 550tb per year with a 5 year warranty, so 2750tb under warranty or 1.5tb per day.