hx850i shows 965W with a 3080ti

jasonc_01
3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ok.. So.. The current "tripping" with Seasonic PSUs is not OCP.  It's noise on the +12V sense causing the supervisor IC to freak out and shut down.

Thought this was discussed already a few times.

unknown.png

Yes... I just wanted to make sure it's not really completely related to OCP.

And sorry for trolling. I didn't want to directly disclose the manufacturer due to my local issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Ok.. So.. The current "tripping" with Seasonic PSUs is not OCP.  It's noise on the +12V sense causing the supervisor IC to freak out and shut down.

Thought this was discussed already a few times.

unknown.png

If the tripping is caused by noise from the card affecting the 12v sense, why the noise from card flows to sense line and why it only affects lower wattage Seasonic models?

To me it looks like the 'max' is readjusted based on previously recorded efficiency level. It is showing an estimate of the maximum power in possible. Once it recorded an 87% efficiency the maximum possible power in increased.

This could be easily solved by resetting the software, run cpu only stress test and see if software max becomes around 200w. Doubt it.

8 hours ago, Polaris20 said:

If the tripping is caused by noise from the card affecting the 12v sense, why the noise from card flows to sense line and why it only affects lower wattage Seasonic models?

Noise from the card.  And it has to do with the way the sense circuit is design.  And it's not just lower wattage Seasonics.

Fun fact:  If you have a motherboard with a PCIe power connection, the problem goes away.