Monitor for post production

That Guy

Hello, I don't know much about monitors, but i would like one for editing on my MacBook pro15 2019
I would like the monitor if possible to fir these requirements,

4k around 220ppi

around 500nit brightness

color accurate.

I don't care about refresh rate or anything like that

it would be nice to have usbc connectivity.

price range would be "as cheap as possible" I don't want to cheap out and get a bad monitor but also would not like to get a 1500USD monitor. 

thanks for your help!

3840x2160 @ 220ppi is a 20" diagonal display, and such a product does not exist. The smallest 4k display is the 21.6" Asus ProArt PQ22UC, which is $3,999.

You will need to go up to 24" to find something in your price range.

1 hour ago, badreg said:

3840x2160 @ 220ppi is a 20" diagonal display, and such a product does not exist. The smallest 4k display is the 21.6" Asus ProArt PQ22UC, which is $3,999.

You will need to go up to 24" to find something in your price range.

interesting, the only reason i said that is because it is my (limited)understanding that 220 ppi works well with macbooks. is this correct? or do you recommend a monitor that works well with mac?

You're not going to get 220ppi from an external display. The only displays that you will find in that range are laptop and tablet displays.

You haven't stated a valid reason on why you need 220ppi, or why that is an ideal pixel density for a MacBook, so unfortunately, I don't have anything to base a recommendation on. It seems to me that you would want more screen real estate for editing rather than less.