Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thinking about chopping both legs off and buying this bad boy. Any thoughts, recommendations, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted (edited)

Budget (including currency): around 2k

Country: U.S.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Call of duty, world of warcraft, overwatch, mobas.

Other details: I haven't had a pc in over a decade and am wanting as close to El dad as I can get without completely going broke(already pretty much there after this) I just want to play good crispy looking games and potentially brag about my awesome set up once I get it(lol). Also, I'm gonna need a good monitor at least 1440p 144hz due to the fact that without doubling up on graphics cards I won't be able to play in 4k very efficiently (which would be the optimal result just gotta wait till the cards get back to msrp vs the double priced inflation that it is at now). Picture of the build is attached and I will be jumping on it within the next couple of weeks. Will it perform well? Too overpriced? Should I wait since I've already waited this long?(gonna be hard to now that I've gotten the itch). Also a couple of monitors I've been looking at are the Asus tuf vg27aq and also the MSI Optix G273QF 27. Are these any good/any recommendations you have will most definitely help. Thanks in advance for all the help!Screenshot_20210723-160208_Gallery.thumb.jpg.13bd60aa1ccbd0bc8c9ec0307aa12176.jpg

 

Edited by caveman5069
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9tg9N -Here is somewhat of the same build by the parts on pcpartpicker. If I'm going to spend the money anyway and am not 100% confident in my pc building skills(or lack thereof)wouldn't it be better to just have them do it?
Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete and utter ripoff. Without the GPU, that system is maybe worth half the cost. Granted, you could easily expect to pay something like $1300 for a 3070 Ti on eBay, but you shouldn't have to pay nearly that much for it with a prebuilt.

 

Actually, after actually checking eBay, they're charging you more for the card that you'd actually have to pay for one on eBay. Run away.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen time and time again, these pre-builds are still more expensive than building it yourself and paying scalper/AIB prices for video cards.

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  32GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  PowerColor RX 5700XT  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |
 

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6700XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chopping both legs wont work...try selling a kidney and also try to donate  sell plasma and blood in black market that should cover for it. But still you'll have to pay for the electricity bill and if your leftover kidney stops working then good luck paying your dialysis bill plus the electricity while playing Call of duty, world of warcraft, overwatch, mobas. etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Complete and utter ripoff. Without the GPU, that system is maybe worth half the cost. Granted, you could easily expect to pay something like $1300 for a 3070 Ti on eBay, but you shouldn't have to pay nearly that much for it with a prebuilt.

 

Actually, after actually checking eBay, they're charging you more for the card that you'd actually have to pay for one on eBay. Run away.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9tg9N what recommendations do you have? I've tried getting similar parts through newegg and ebay but it basically comes out to the same if I'm looking for the 3070ti with the i711th gen. I'll take any help you can give. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Action_Johnson said:

I've seen time and time again, these pre-builds are still more expensive than building it yourself and paying scalper/AIB prices for video cards.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9tg9N here's something similar on pcpartpicker, basically the same price and at least with the ibuypower I can pay it off over a year with only like 200bucks interest. Any advice you can give I'll take it and run with it thats why I'm even posting this here in the first place. I know there's better people suited for this kind of stuff but I've also done a little bit of research and it basically seems like anywhere I go I'm going to be spending a pile of money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, caveman5069 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9tg9N what recommendations do you have? I've tried getting similar parts through newegg and ebay but it basically comes out to the same if I'm looking for the 3070ti with the i711th gen. I'll take any help you can give. 

 

41 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Complete and utter ripoff. Without the GPU, that system is maybe worth half the cost. Granted, you could easily expect to pay something like $1300 for a 3070 Ti on eBay, but you shouldn't have to pay nearly that much for it with a prebuilt.

 

Actually, after actually checking eBay, they're charging you more for the card that you'd actually have to pay for one on eBay. Run away.

Also, with the ibuypower I can pay it off over a years time with only paying 200 bucks interest after a down payment. So like 150 bucks a month or so which is an option I don't really have through other places which is another major factor in this consideration seeing how I don't just have 2500 bucks laying around

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, caveman5069 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9tg9N here's something similar on pcpartpicker, basically the same price and at least with the ibuypower I can pay it off over a year with only like 200bucks interest. Any advice you can give I'll take it and run with it thats why I'm even posting this here in the first place. I know there's better people suited for this kind of stuff but I've also done a little bit of research and it basically seems like anywhere I go I'm going to be spending a pile of money. 

Bad idea, no computer is worth going into debt for. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  32GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  PowerColor RX 5700XT  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |
 

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6700XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, caveman5069 said:

 

Also, with the ibuypower I can pay it off over a years time with only paying 200 bucks interest after a down payment. So like 150 bucks a month or so which is an option I don't really have through other places which is another major factor in this consideration seeing how I don't just have 2500 bucks laying around

So don't buy a $2500 computer. You can build something very competent and capable for less without having to finance it and pay interest.🤦‍♂️

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  32GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  PowerColor RX 5700XT  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |
 

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6700XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caveman5069 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9tg9N what recommendations do you have? I've tried getting similar parts through newegg and ebay but it basically comes out to the same if I'm looking for the 3070ti with the i711th gen. I'll take any help you can give. 

Well, the 11700KF is going for the insane price of like $521 or something like that, while you can get an 11700K for just $400. I'm not sure what's up with that. AFAIK, not having the iGPU doesn't make it better in any way, but even if it does, it's still not better than a 5900X, which could be had at the same price. In that regard, in general, AMD is better at this level anyways. Intel weirdly only makes sense as a budget option. The 11700K is pretty comparable to a 5800X, but you're going to pay more for the Intel board, so AMD is actually cheaper. If you step up to a 5900X, you'll blow away anything Intel has to offer.

 

I saw 3070 Tis as low as $1000 on eBay, so you can definitely beat the iBuyPower price there. They're charging roughly $1300 for the 3070 Ti in their system, based on the cost of the other components.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Well, the 11700KF is going for the insane price of like $521 or something like that, while you can get an 11700K for just $400. I'm not sure what's up with that. AFAIK, not having the iGPU doesn't make it better in any way, but even if it does, it's still not better than a 5900X, which could be had at the same price. In that regard, in general, AMD is better at this level anyways. Intel weirdly only makes sense as a budget option. The 11700K is pretty comparable to a 5800X, but you're going to pay more for the Intel board, so AMD is actually cheaper. If you step up to a 5900X, you'll blow away anything Intel has to offer.

 

I saw 3070 Tis as low as $1000 on eBay, so you can definitely beat the iBuyPower price there. They're charging roughly $1300 for the 3070 Ti in their system, based on the cost of the other components.

I appreciate your feedback, and will now go look at the 5900x I just go with Intel because I know em, but now will go do some dd on the amd chip real quick. Thanks for not completely shutting down any idea of building this machine and actually providing insight into it for me I appreciate you. Gonna go do some research and put together something else maybe. Basically though the same stuff I'd use with the Intel set just swap the MB and chip out? And also save the 300 and get the card off of ebay. Solid information

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J9Jb3Z

It seems like you are just gaming so no need for a 5900x or anything like that

 

5800x 8 core, ik a 6 core is still enough but might aswell futureproof since more and more games are starting to utilise more than 6 cores

 

Se 224 xt cause i assume you arent ocing, swap for a gelid phantom if ocing

 

Decent b550 board, should suffice if you need to upgrade to a better cpu and/or overclock

 

Rgb case cause a p300a + 2 fans would cost the same so why not

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caveman5069 said:

I appreciate your feedback, and will now go look at the 5900x I just go with Intel because I know em, but now will go do some dd on the amd chip real quick. Thanks for not completely shutting down any idea of building this machine and actually providing insight into it for me I appreciate you. Gonna go do some research and put together something else maybe. Basically though the same stuff I'd use with the Intel set just swap the MB and chip out? And also save the 300 and get the card off of ebay. Solid information

Well, yes and no. You can keep the cooler and RAM from the iBuyPower build. They're both solid. The case is exclusive to iBuyPower (not that you'd want it anyways), so you'll need to pick a new one. I'd recommend a Corsair 4000D/5000D or Phanteks P400a/P500a, but there's plenty of other good options, as well. Just make sure it has decent air flow (i.e. not an NZXT H510). The drive I couldn't find on PCPartPicker, but there's better choices anyways. If you want to stick with Gen4, I'd get a WD SN850, Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus, or Samsung 980 Pro. You can do better than the PSU in that build as well. Get something from Tier A in the PSU Tier List.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want bling it's tough to avoid the price point with good hardware.

 

An AMD option.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor ($394.99 @ Newegg) 

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($109.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($215.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($109.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($159.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB VENTUS 3X OC Video Card ($1155.67 @ Amazon) 

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($139.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: MSI 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($125.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $2412.60

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-24 00:56 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Well, yes and no. You can keep the cooler and RAM from the iBuyPower build. They're both solid. The case is exclusive to iBuyPower (not that you'd want it anyways), so you'll need to pick a new one. I'd recommend a Corsair 4000D/5000D or Phanteks P400a/P500a, but there's plenty of other good options, as well. Just make sure it has decent air flow (i.e. not an NZXT H510). The drive I couldn't find on PCPartPicker, but there's better choices anyways. If you want to stick with Gen4, I'd get a WD SN850, Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus, or Samsung 980 Pro. You can do better than the PSU in that build as well. Get something from Tier A in the PSU Tier List.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PYvWkX something like this maybe? Add the 1000 for the eBay card and I'm right around 2400 which is better than the basically 2800 I was at after interest with the other one, a good start on a decent monitor is what that extra 400 could be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, caveman5069 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PYvWkX something like this maybe? Add the 1000 for the eBay card and I'm right around 2400 which is better than the basically 2800 I was at after interest with the other one, a good start on a decent monitor is what that extra 400 could be. 

Yeah, that's a solid build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×